Connection issues with Huntington Bank

Ever since I upgraded Quicken in September, I've been having persistent connection issues with my bank, Huntington. I use direct connect to pay bills, not the Quicken bill pay. Other accounts including investment and credit card accounts connect just fine. But more often than not, Huntington has issues. Here's the connection log:

==== Mini-OSU Start (20201016/07:23:55) ====
20201016 07:23:56: QFN: Beginning send to https://ofx.huntington.com/Ofx/process.ofx
20201016 07:23:56: QFN: End send to https://ofx.huntington.com/Ofx/process.ofx, netstatus 0
20201016 07:23:56: Parse error. Current object: Null Object
20201016 07:23:57:

==== Mini-OSU End (20201016/07:23:58) ====

^^^ Tried 10 times this morning to connect and this is what I get. I realize the log message would seem to indicate a problem specifically with Huntington, but I never had any issues (for years) until I upgraded Quicken to version R29 back in September. Currently running version R29.22.

Comments

• jeanderson
    jeanderson Member ✭✭✭
    Couple more things...
    I can login to Huntington via my web browser just fine.
    I am running Quicken for Windows in a Parallels VM on a Mac (no internet connectivity issues from Windows)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jeanderson

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

How are you updating transactions? Are you using a One Step Update? If so, please attempt to update the account individually.

1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    Do you receive a specific error message after completing this step or do you receive transactions?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jeanderson
    jeanderson Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @jeanderson Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not received a response.
    >
    > How are you updating transactions? Are you using a One Step Update? If so, please attempt to update the account individually.
    >
    >
    > * Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    > * Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    > * Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    >
    > Do you receive a specific error message after completing this step or do you receive transactions?
    >
    > Please let me know how it goes!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka
    I have deactivated and reactivated online services for each of my three Huntington accounts. It now works. However, in the Online Services tab, it says "Your financial institution supports an improved connection method. Click here to find out more and get set up."
    I don't know what this means. I did notice the update was a little different, said "processing data" for a while. Also, the description of the transactions were different and had numbers in them. I'm hesitant to change anything now that this appears to work.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jeanderson,

Thank you for providing an update! We're happy to hear it's working now.

The message "Your financial institution supports an improved connection method. Click here to find out more and get set up." that you're seeing means that you are using Express Web Connect (Quicken's server) to connect your account(s) to your financial institution and the "improved connection method" it is referring to is Direct Connect (your financial institution's server). You don't "need" to change the connection type if you're happy with how it is currently working now, but do have the option to switch if you wish to connect via Direct Connect instead.

Please, review this support article for more details and information on the different connection methods available in Quicken. For your question specifically, I recommend scrolling down to the section titled "How do I change the connection method on an account?". There you will find a summary chart of the differences between the available connection methods as well as blue dropdown sections with more details about each connection method individually.

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.