Download from Alliant Credit Union not working

I can't get Quicken for Windows to connect to my Alliant Credit Union account. I tried deactivating all Quicken accounts linked to my Alliant account and now I can't reactivate them. Quicken says my login and password are incorrect, but I can log on at the Alliant web site without a problem. Connecting in the past couple of months has been spotty and some times I've needed to reset the connection, but now it absolutely refuses to accept my logon/password as valid. I downloaded the latest Quicken update this morning and suspect that messed things up. I did have to log into Alliant and accept some new terms, but that should no longer cause a connection problem.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @PeggySproul

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further. They also have the ability to review the log files to determine if an escalation is needed to correct this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you want to continue to use the unreliable Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mvwabc

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • PeggySproul
    PeggySproul Member ✭✭
    Tyka, here are no messages in my Inbox. Please resend.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello @PeggySproul

Thank you for the response, although I apologize for the confusion, I have sent a message to @mvwabc about a different subject.

If you are still needing assistance, I would review the previous responses above and let us know how the steps go as I do not see a response to the suggestions that have been offered.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • PeggySproul
    PeggySproul Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco's response worked at the time, but I had the same problem again this morning. I should not have to repeat that process every time I use Quicken.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @PeggySproul

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further. They also have the ability to review the log files to determine if an escalation is needed to correct this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone getting CC-503 Alliant Credit union downloads? This is the error for incorrect passwords. Nope, my userid and password is correct have not changed... Thanks
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I've reset Alliant more times the last two weeks than I have fingers. Works the day I reset and not the next. This has been going on since Oct. 5. Tried adding the account into a "test" file. No go. I logged in with the same credentials and they opened the Alliant web page. CC-503 is just plain wrong! Wouldn't even reset today. @Quicken_Tyka My hair is getting thin from pulling it out. Please help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @AnnieOne

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that this trouble persists.

I would recommend contacting support directly for further assistance.

Quicken Care has tools that the Community does not have, such as the ability to review log files and escalation an issue if need be.

Please let me know how it goes with support.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    @PeggySproul and @AnnieOne,

If you take the advice offered by Quicken Tyka, please share how your problem was solved. Thanks.
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    @mvwabc - By the time I'd called, I'd already deactivated the accounts and added the offending accounts to a test file to ascertain where the problem was. Alliant updated in the test file, so I knew the problem was with my file. Created a copy of my annoying file, then ran a super validation three times. Signed out of all mobile devices and also closed Quicken. Tried to add the accounts back in, no go. Called and spoke with Luis, who had me upload two files to him - OFXlog and Connlog. I prefer not to screen share. Forgot one TINY step. Open each of the accounts that were deactivated and removed the institution and account number. Closed Quicken. Reopened and clicked the + sign to add accounts. Added Alliant. Make SURE that when you re-add them, they link to the ones you already have or you'll shoot yourself in the foot. There's a drop-down box that has the choice of "add new account" or "link to existing account". Before you hit OK, check them to make sure what's being added corresponds with the applicable account, i.e. checking, savings, etc. Good luck with your issue. I hope this helps solve it for you.
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka - done and dusted. Luis was great.
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you @AnnieOne.
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Three out of the last four days Quicken will not connect to Alliant. Total exasperation. The first of the four days I changed my password per Luis instructions. Worked ONE DAY. I've just reset the accounts and suddenly the credentials that were wrong this morning are magically right. This account (along with my children) is going to be what drives me to insanity. @Quicken_Tyka
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Apparently the credentials for Alliant that worked yesterday after the reset are no good today. This is nuts! Just reset. Worked once. Didn't work the 2nd time. Haven't changed my credentials since last week. @Quicken_Tyka
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    @AnnieOne basically you are back to square one? I appreciate your posting.

I am not sure where I am with Alliant, because I have now encountered another problem being covered under the title “One Step Update Summary only showing Express Web Connect accounts” at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882059/one-step-update-summary-only-showing-express-web-connect-accounts#latest .
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    When I run update now for only my Alliant accounts, I get a blank One Step Update Summary. No indication if the Alliant account update was successful or failed. See attachment.
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @mvwabc Well that's certainly helpful, isn't it? Yes, I'm back to square one.
    Alliant accounts won't even work in my test file this morning and they're the only accounts in that file. If I want my Alliant updates I have to go to the site and manually download them. So freaking frustrating. @Quicken Colin @Quicken Tamara @Quicken Sarah @Quicken Harold = please help!
  • thatscguy
    thatscguy Member ✭✭
    Any idea when or how this will be fixed; obviously an ongoing problem connecting to Alliant Credit Union.
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    @thatscguy Fixing it and keeping it working would be good. Today I can't get my test file to DL anything and Alliant is the only thing that's on it. I have a list of Quicken workarounds and hit my financial file with every one of them yesterday. Alliant worked once. Saved credentials suddenly went bad overnight.
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Today, my Alliant accounts did not down load as usual. Since I knew I had transactions, I tried doing the Reset Account. I ran it for my Checking and it download my transactions for checking, but not for Savings account. I went to savings account and ran Reset account for saving and got my transactions. The One Set Summary Update does not show the activity for Alliant even though both accounts downloaded and there were 4 transactions processed. The online balances for both accounts were correctly updated.

If you try doing Reset Account be patient. It takes a while to process. The advantage of using Reset Account over disconnecting and reconnecting the account is that I got no past transactions downloaded that needed to be deleted.

Don't know that Alliant will work for next download.
  • PeggySproul
    PeggySproul Member ✭✭
    This approach has worked for me sometimes and not others. And it is variable whether the download will work the first time or not. For the last couple of days it has worked without any intervention, but I didn't do anything different to get it working. I can't figure it out.
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Worked for two days. Not working again. CC-503 Credentials have not changed. This is annoying beyond belief. Wouldn't let me reset, so I tried adding an Alliant account. No go. Wrong credentials. Really? Because I just logged in with them.
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Has anyone contacted Alliant directly on the problem?
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, they said, "Oh, that happens every time we update our system." Aaaggghhh! Spent two hours today going through every step. Alliant worked. Now it won't work on the mobile app. I give up. Think I'll try Mint when my subscription is up. I've been with Quicken for over 14 years, but I'm getting old and this is wasting too much of the time I have left! LOL
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    I have been using Quicken for 28+ years. I have looked at Mint and Personal Capital, but these products just don't replace Quicken for my needs. I too am getting tired of all the problems in keeping Quicken functioning correctly.
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    @mvwabc Quicken generally functions quite well, albeit not with Alliant.  My Alliant update stopped working again today after six days of perfection.  Let's blame it on Covid-19.
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    @mvwabc The Alliant CC-503 error magically rectified itself on Monday, which has lead me to an interesting observation: Alliant malfunctions appear more often Fri-Sun.  
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    @AnnieOne, since my two posts above on October 28th and my post on November 2nd, I have not been having the 503 error. My guess is that the switch over of download methods for Express Web Connect (EWC) institutions where a password is shown as not required in the password vault resolved my problem with Alliant.

The EWC change over resulted in the One Step Update Summary now only showing EWC institutions, the Direct Connect institutions not showing on the summary. However, Alliant, a EWC institution, seems to be different, because it never shows on the summary, like it was a direct connect.

The One Step Update Progress screen is also different. It only shows the direct connect institutions marked as complete. The EWC institutions are shown as processing data, and never shown as compete before the progress screen closes.

Have your EWC institutions been switched over to the new download method where a password is not required?
This discussion has been closed.