Just installed Quicken 2020 - but my account may be linked to a different Quicken ID.

psnow89846
psnow89846 Member
I have used Quicken for more than 20 years. I was last using Quicken 2017 for windows and reluctantly upgraded to the subscription service on 9/9. I had to migrate my friendly user id to a new Quicken one. When I entered my email address, it said it was unavailable. When I try to open Quicken, my accounts flash then I get the activation window that says my account may be linked to a different Quicken ID. But the welcome email I received on 9/10, has the same email address. any suggestions?
Quicken 2020 R29.22 Build 27.1.29.22
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    You should be able to cancel through the Quicken ID password prompts to open the Quicken file and reset the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file to the appropriate Quicken ID: select Edit > Preferences..., Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, and Sign in as a different user

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an issue that can only be resolved by  Quicken support: Quicken Support
    Except for the moderators, the rest of us are users like you.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    You should be able to cancel through the Quicken ID password prompts to open the Quicken file and reset the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file to the appropriate Quicken ID: select Edit > Preferences..., Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, and Sign in as a different user
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used Quicken for more than 20 years. I was last using Quicken 2017 for windows and reluctantly upgraded to the subscription service on 9/9. I had to migrate my friendly user id to a new Quicken one. When I entered my email address, it said it was unavailable. When I try to open Quicken, my accounts flash then I get the activation window that says my account may be linked to a different Quicken ID. But the welcome email I received on 9/10, has the same email address. any suggestions?
    Quicken 2020 R29.22 Build 27.1.29.22
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Hi @psnow89846 ,

With Quicken Subscription product that you purchased, you could have used the same Quicken USER ID, that you used for Quicken 2017 R20.5.

Did you Activate Quicken Subscription Product, you purchased, if you did not buy Quicken Subscription program from Quicken.com?

Have you logged into:  https://www.quicken.com/ My Account using your Browser? Were you able to log in?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.