how do I get my account balance in the account list to match the register amount?

Mark Lang
Mark Lang Member ✭✭
recently after updating my register amount matches the bank but in the acount list the amount is different, omn my Wells fargo checking and Chase visa. These are the two accounts most recently updated and which I have noticed the difference. Other accounts balances match

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2020
    Hello @Mark Lang,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Also, I just have a few questions for clarification in order to better assist you.
    1. Are you referring to the account list in the sidebar or in Tools > Account List?
    2. Are the differences in the balances small or large? 
    3. Do these incorrect balances show anywhere on the bottom of the account registers (i.e.: Online Balance, Current Balance, or Ending Balance)?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Account Bar can display either Ending or Current balance.
    Right click on white space in the Account Bar to change what is being displayed.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Mark Lang
    Mark Lang Member ✭✭
    this doesn't change anything - just get drop down list
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark Lang said:
    this doesn't change anything - just get drop down list
    Did you look at the entries on the drop down list?

• Mark Lang
    Mark Lang Member ✭✭
    yes and none of them are applicable - I found out that one payment which was marked cleared after I accepted it after update was not counted in the account list balance - I deleted the cc payment - then reentered it manually and the balance now matches - strange
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For future reference, this is what I was referring to:

Glad you solved the issue.

• Mark Lang
    Mark Lang Member ✭✭
    thanks
  • I have same issue but on a reconciled account and one more account (both checking accounts). Reconciled account on register matches online balance but the balance showing on the account list is off by $134.60 and other checking account is off by $152.30.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

@Traumajunkie46

See this thread for a possible reason since you have not given us any details.

This discussion has been closed.