edit reminders

Within the last few weeks, I have noticed a new problem with reminders. I post reminders to my checking account 30 days in advance. This helps me budget. When the transaction is downloaded, the reminder would be highlighted and I could confirm it. Now, the remainders don't get highlighted, rather I get a message 'Is this the transaction for this reminder?'. For deposits, I don't even get that. The transaction just gets added without the category information, and the reminder can't be edited. How do I fix this?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bjgross59

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

May I also if these reminders are linked to online bills? Do you use any bill pay method in this file?

Do you see this issue on one specific account or every account?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • bjgross59
    bjgross59 Member ✭✭
    I am using 64 bit windows 10;
    year: 2020
    quicken version: R29.22
    build: 27.1.29.22

I use Quicken to connect to PNC bank to pay my bills. this is the account that I am having trouble with. I don't preload reminders into any other account. I appreciate your time on this.

Thanks,
    Bob G
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bjgross59

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, specifically regarding reminders.

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • bjgross59
    bjgross59 Member ✭✭
    This is what the data log shows (leaving out the individual records that need to be changed)
    QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Repaired your data file by removing a damaged category. Please check your category list for missing categories by going to Tools>Category List.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    Corrected a problem with an erroneous repeating model.
    Removed 2 qel records for payments not in register
  • bjgross59
    bjgross59 Member ✭✭
    I need to spend some more time with the missing category and reminder

Bob G
  • bjgross59
    bjgross59 Member ✭✭
    please close this. deleted problem reminder.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @bjgross59, Thank you for the update! 

I went ahead and closed this thread per your request.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.