Why is my subscription renewal date incorrect by 5 months?

Options
Starter Edition was purchased in Dec. 2019 as part of a package from Amazon. I did not open or use the Starter Edition until my Deluxe 2017 edition expired in April 2020. Quicken surely knows this. Email from Quicken says they will auto-renew Dec. 5, cheating me out of at least five months of the current annual subscription. Does Quicken not honor their contracts?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @geocathcart,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would suggest you contact Quicken Support so that we may take a deeper look into your situation.
    Best,
    JV

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you purchased Quicken from Quicken.com the subscription starts as soon as you purchase it.

If you buy from a retailer they provide you with an activation code, and the subscription starts from when you enter that activation code.

I suggest you contact Quicken support they may be able to give you some lead way on the misunderstanding.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @geocathcart,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would suggest you contact Quicken Support so that we may take a deeper look into your situation.
    Best,
    JV
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A new subscription begins when a new subscription is activated.  When we purchase a new subscription at Quicken.com, the new subscription is activated at the time of purchase and associated with the Quicken ID we provided.  When we purchase a subscription from a retailer, the subscription we purchased is not activated because the retailer does not know the Quicken ID to associate with the subscription.  Instead the retailer provides us with a unique activation code that may only be used once and is good for about two-years after the activation code is generated.  Until we provide an activation code with a Quicken ID to Quicken, the subscription can not start.  We may activate a subscription by providing the activation key after signing in at Quicken.com or when we use the Quicken program.
  • geocathcart
    geocathcart Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > If you purchased Quicken from Quicken.com the subscription starts as soon as you purchase it.
    >
    > If you buy from a retailer they provide you with an activation code, and the subscription starts from when you enter that activation code.
    >
    > I suggest you contact Quicken support they may be able to give you some lead way on the misunderstanding.
    > Contact Quicken Support

Tried for hours to contact Q support. That's like going down a rat hole. > @Sherlock said:
    > A new subscription begins when a new subscription is activated.  When we purchase a new subscription at Quicken.com, the new subscription is activated at the time of purchase and associated with the Quicken ID we provided.  When we purchase a subscription from a retailer, the subscription we purchased is not activated because the retailer does not know the Quicken ID to associate with the subscription.  Instead the retailer provides us with a unique activation code that may only be used once and is good for about two-years after the activation code is generated.  Until we provide an activation code with a Quicken ID to Quicken, the subscription can not start.  We may activate a subscription by providing the activation key after signing in at Quicken.com or when we use the Quicken program.

Never attempted to activate until my Q Deluxe expired about April. Been using Quicken for 20+ years but support has disintegrated over time, especially after the new ownership, IMO.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > If you purchased Quicken from Quicken.com the subscription starts as soon as you purchase it.
    >
    > If you buy from a retailer they provide you with an activation code, and the subscription starts from when you enter that activation code.
    >
    > I suggest you contact Quicken support they may be able to give you some lead way on the misunderstanding.
    > Contact Quicken Support

Tried for hours to contact Q support. That's like going down a rat hole. > @Sherlock said:
    > A new subscription begins when a new subscription is activated.  When we purchase a new subscription at Quicken.com, the new subscription is activated at the time of purchase and associated with the Quicken ID we provided.  When we purchase a subscription from a retailer, the subscription we purchased is not activated because the retailer does not know the Quicken ID to associate with the subscription.  Instead the retailer provides us with a unique activation code that may only be used once and is good for about two-years after the activation code is generated.  Until we provide an activation code with a Quicken ID to Quicken, the subscription can not start.  We may activate a subscription by providing the activation key after signing in at Quicken.com or when we use the Quicken program.

Never attempted to activate until my Q Deluxe expired about April. Been using Quicken for 20+ years but support has disintegrated over time, especially after the new ownership, IMO.
    Perhaps the new subscription was upgraded from Starter to Deluxe in which case the length of the subscription would have been pro-rated?  To check which edition is associated with the subscription select Help > My Quicken Account

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription
This discussion has been closed.