Why are multiple lots for the same date generated when I reconcile a placeholder transaction?

Options
I entered my beginning holdings balances for my 401k using Add Shares and of course the dreaded placeholder transaction appeared for each fund. I reconciled the placeholders, but now I have multiple lots for the same date (12/31/2019) for each fund. This is screwing up my holdings so I can't reconcile my 401k statement. Any one got a fix for this?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @curtrapp

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

May I ask that you please capture a screenshot of these transactions?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

How large of a difference are you experiencing? Is the number the exact difference caused by the transactions in question?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • curtrapp
    curtrapp Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't want to post a screen shot on an open forum. Is there some other way to get you this info?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    curtrapp said:
    ... I reconciled the placeholders, but now I have multiple lots for the same date (12/31/2019) for each fund. This is screwing up my holdings so I can't reconcile my 401k statement. Any one got a fix for this?

How did you reconcile the placeholders?  I would have expected you to use Add Shares transactions.  Each of those Add Shares transactions offers you a field to identify date the added shares were actually acquired.  You can enter any date you so choose; it would seem you entered 12/31/19.  The 'fix' would be to edit the Add Shares transactions and enter different dates.

I am not clear how this is "screwing up" holdings.      

• curtrapp
    curtrapp Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did use the Add Shares option and when I reconciled the placeholders I did use the same date. Quicken generated three lots all on the same date for EACH fund. Now I have three lots each with the WRONG number of shares. That's why it's "screwing up" my holdings so I can't reconcile my quarterly statements.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @curtrapp

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~