Transferring Retirement Accounts from Banktivity

I'm trying to import my Banktivity data into Quicken (Deluxe) for Mac. I exported my Banktivity data to a QIF file and imported that into a new account in Quicken. The imported data had a few items that needed correcting, but then I realized that none of the accounts that Banktivity classifies as "retirement" (as opposed to "investment") transferred at all. There's not even a listing in the Quicken sidebar for any of those retirement accounts.

Has anyone else come across this problem and have a solution? I'd like to make the switch to Quicken, but if I have to spend hours/days getting it up and running then I'll just take advantage of the money back guarantee and stick with Banktivity. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Sital,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please, review these support articles here (scroll down to "Other") and here for more information on converting .QIF files from Banktivity to Quicken for Mac.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sital
    Sital Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply, Anja. I had already read those articles, but they were of no help. It would be one thing if the retirement accounts were importing with errors, but they are not importing at all.

I'm pursuing this with Banktivity as well, but it's not looking promising for me to be able to make the switch to Quicken. But hopefully someone will come along with a solution. Thanks again.
  • Quicken Anja
    If you haven't already, I also recommend that you call Quicken Support directly for immediate assistance with this issue. Our support agents have the ability to screen share with you (if you are comfortable doing so) and may be better equipped to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Additionally, being that you are new to Quicken, I would also like to inform you that you do have the option to schedule a one-on-one with our Quicken 1-2-3 team. 

By doing so, one of our Quicken 1-2-3 team members will contact you via phone at your scheduled appointment time. This team has been specifically trained and put together to assist our new customers in getting familiarized with the program and learn how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have.

If this is something that would interest you, then please, click here to select a time slot and schedule your tour! Alternatively, you can also call them directly at your own convenience. The phone number can be found through that same link.

I will (of course) also keep this thread open for you so other users here in the Community who may have experienced this issue or have previously converted from Banktivity can add to this discussion.

-Quicken Anja

• Sital
    Sital Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help, Anja.
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome! :)

-Quicken Anja

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Sital  I don't know Banktivity at all, but is it possible to easily change the retirement accounts to regular brokerage/investment accounts, then import to Quicken, and then tweak the settings of the accounts that should be retirement accounts? Just a thought.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Sital
    Sital Member ✭✭
    @jacobs

I'm embarrassed to admit I hadn't even thought of changing the account type. It is an easy change to make in Banktivity, and when I did that those retirement accounts did, in fact, import! There is a bit of cleanup to do as the account balances are wrong for most of the imports, but at least everything is in there! Now I can at least test if Quicken is better for me.

Thank you, sir!
This discussion has been closed.