How do I get to the transactions ledger on version R30.09 ?

jamesooi
jamesooi Member ✭✭
The newest update has replaced the transactions ledger with four windows like "Top Movers". How do I get transacitons?

Best Answer

Answers

• Has anyone encountered problems updating their Fidelity portfolios since the latest release? My portfolio is showing millions of shares with negative pricing and missing or added transaction. Seems only to be with Fidelity. Is this a community problem?
  • lee.thomas60
    lee.thomas60 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I updated Quicken this morning to the latest version. When I did my one step update for the day, bond prices and mutual fund prices were $1 for each of the securities, which is incorrect. Also, how do I find my register for my investment accounts? I no longer can find it and it used to be the page when I clicked an investment account.
  • lee.thomas60
    lee.thomas60 Member ✭✭
    The version I am using is Windows 2020 R30.9 Home, Business & Rental Properties
  • All quote/Price equal 1
  • Mike Peterson
    Mike Peterson Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    same issue - downloaded the latest update this morning and my entire fidelity portfolio is messed up.
  • I reset the account and remapped the security quotes and it seemed to solve the issue for me. I can't tell you the exact steps since i was clicking around a lot to see if something would trigger a change.

Poor quality on this update. I'm suspecting the change to add custom asset classes had some impact.
  • Just installed version R30.9. After running the One Step Update, all my Fidelity mutual funds are priced at $1.
  • Frank_Jen
    Frank_Jen Member ✭✭
    Same here; all funds set to a $1/share price.....sigh.
  • Same problem
  • jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Upon updating accoutns with R30.9, certain share quantities became 100000000, causing my net worth to be off by billions of dollars. One example security was FWONK, and there was no transaction. The position was just there as of 11/14 with that incorrect quantity.
  • TonyL
    TonyL Member
    I have precisely the same issue with all of my Fidelity accounts...Brokerage, NetBenefits, ...It also appears that this release has significantly changed the Quicken user interface as it pertains to Fidelity accounts (but not NetBenfits or BrokerageLink)...not sure if that's somehow related.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    run validate and see if that solves the problem. I updated to the most recent version this morning and had no issues. 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @jamesooi - What you are describing is the Simple view of investment accounts.  Until this latest revision it was a Beta option but has now been fully released.  Someone at Quicken made the decision that Simple view should be the default view for new investment accounts but for some reason there are some who have existing accounts where it switched from the Register view to the Simple view.  Not sure, yet, why this is happening.
    Fortunately, the fix is very simple:  Account List > click on the Edit button for the Account in question to pull up Account Details > tick the "Complete - Positions and Transactions" option under "Tracking Method" > click OK. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    run validate and see if that solves the problem. I updated to the most recent version this morning and had no issues. 

If it doesn't, restore your data file from the most recent backup (Manual or Automatic) taken prior to the software update.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• Boatnmaniac advice works for getting the registers back, but when I do that the individual stocks and funds are all back to $1.00 per share! One step forward and a bigger one back!
  • jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    I restored to a QDF from 2 days ago before my update to R30.9, and then supervalidated it. It was fine, but after I did an update with UBS Financial Services, it took a very, very long time (10 minutes+) to process the data and eventually complained about the selected date range, and then the share qty problem appeared. If anyone at Quicken is listening, this update is unusable from my perspective. Even without the share qty problem, it feels 10x slower than the previous patch.
  • jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    If it helps to diagnose, I have a lot of accounts (maybe 100) and a long history (15+ years) of using Quicken, and the QDF is 260MB
  • jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    When I checked the "Complete" box, Quicken crashed with a BUGSPLAT window.
  • divina12253858
    divina12253858 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Major problems with latest update. All my account brokerages changed major. Not even close to correct. [Removed - Language] Now I find out the changed the view automatically on the new update. So I click to go back to old view of " Complete Positions and Transactions" but the number are way off still. Not good. [Removed - Rant]. Quicken dont automatically change my investment tracking and now all my numbers are way off... Let us opt into it don't change it...
  • Boatnmaniac
    @timothygilroy and @divina12253858 - If you updated to R30.9 from within Quicken, Quicken should have made a backup of your data file from before the update.  Would you try restoring that backup file and see if this issue exists with it?

• Boatnmaniac
    jamesooi said:
    When I checked the "Complete" box, Quicken crashed with a BUGSPLAT window.
    Same question to you:  Would you restore your last backup file from before you updated to R30.9 and see if this same issue exists with it?

• jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    yes, that behavior was with a file that was restored from before the update, then super validated. Which took an incredibly long time, btw. Quicken needs to roll back this update -- massive errors and INCREDIBLY slow.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    It seems this happened to another person in this thread too.
    [removed - self-referencing thread]

For what it is worth I updated to R30.0 and my accounts were not switched to simple mode.  What more I have been wondering about something since I saw the release notes.

• Simple Investing is no longer in beta. It is now a standard feature and will be the default investment tracking for new users. Complete Investing will still be the default for existing users.
    They say this will be the default for new users.  So I'm wondering how they detect "new users".  Clearly it shouldn't be in an existing data file, but I also created a new data file and it wasn't "defaulted" when I created an account in that new data file I got this.

Neither did it just pick the default or did it even pick Simple as the default selection.
    I have a feeling that the release notes aren't accurate of what they finally decided to implement.

And why it switched on its own, well that is definitely a bug.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frank_Jen
    Frank_Jen Member ✭✭
    Got back to ledger view from the new simple view, and quicken did a couple of ‘MiscExp’ entries for me to zero out large parts of my accounts. I didn’t ask for that.....so full of bugs.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately, the fix is very simple:  Account List > click on the Edit button for the Account in question to pull up Account Details > tick the "Complete - Positions and Transactions" option under "Tracking Method" > click OK.  
    Personally what I would do to fix this is restore from a backup.

Switching back and forth between simple and complete have "ramifications" not to mention I don't think they have worked out all the bugs yet.

The "ramifications" would apply to keeping it in simple mode while downloading transactions.  Clearly if going forward it doesn't download transactions and just update the positions and cash amount when you switch back it certainly won't be "complete".
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    fganter said:
    Glad to hear I'm not alone. As it appears this is a bug that needs to be addressed, anyone know how to bring this to Intuit's attention in these forums - i.e. a handle for the moderators?
    Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for several years.  The new company name is Quicken Inc.

And believe me they are aware of this problem since there are already multiple long threads on it.
    Signature:
  • @Boatnmaniac - Trying to restore from 11/11 backup. Restore is either stuck or perhaps I am having subscription validation issue. Stuck on screen which asks me to "Get Started", and when try to get past that I get a message about "quicken's online service is unavailable now".

Attempt to load backup from earlier on 11/11 crashes quicken.

Uggh.
This discussion has been closed.