How do I get to the transactions ledger on version R30.09 ?

Options

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @timothygilroy If Quicken's restore doesn't work for you, I would try the following.
    In Windows File Explorer make a copy of your backup file, and then change the type from .QDF-backup to just .QDF.  You can then double click on that .QDF file to open it in Quicken.

EDIT
    Actually now that I look at this. The restore isn't your problem, it is when Quicken tries to open that restored backup file.  What you seem to need is to "log out" and then back in with the same Quicken Id.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • timothygilroy
    Options
    @Chris_QPW - Same result with that option. No error reported, but when Q is open I am looking at screen with no account listed and a Get Started button.
  • timothygilroy
    Options
    @Chris_QPW - And the backup from earlier in the day crashes Q when I attempt to load. At this point I think I have to hope that the share prices will update when downloads are next attempted on Tuesday. Appreciate your trying to help.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW - Same result with that option. No error reported, but when Q is open I am looking at screen with no account listed and a Get Started button.
    OK try this.

Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user
    (or anything else that suggests that you can log in)

If needed log out, and then back in with the same Quicken Id.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also at this point it might be best if you talk to Quicken support (if the above doesn't fix the problem). They can screen share with you and have more ways to troubleshoot problems.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • timothygilroy
    Options
    @Chris_QPW Similar crash problem with logout and login.
    I am giving up. Have to hope the correct values will be restored at download.
  • timothygilroy
    Options
    @jamesooi I too suddenly have a 3 billion net worth with a funky transaction downloaded after the update. My file goes back 28 years with dozens of accounts, only 15 or so that are currently active. About 250 mb. Maybe the problem is that the upgrade will not work for their most loyal users?
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I have a file that goes back 20 years.  It's about 260mg and 63,000 transaction.  I had no issues with the upgrade to 30.9 and no issues with a subsequent transaction download.  the time it took to download transactions was no different that normal

have you tried to validate the file? can you isolate the issue to a single transaction (or a few) that can be deleted? 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @timothygilroy - One thing I noticed from this thread is the "stubborness" of your crashes issue.  This could be an indication that your Quicken program might perhaps be corrupted.  It sometimes happens (not often) when updating the revision of Quicken.  What you might want to consider doing is to uninstall Quicken and then download a fresh complete program file and install it (https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it).  After installing the new program, try restoring your backup file again.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    Options
    I (super)validated the file, and the issue does seem traceable to a few transactions items. But when I go from "Simple" to "Complete" in order to get at the register, it crashes. More of a problem is the speed is 10x slower than it used to be.
  • sunilsubbakrishna
    Options
    This was working as recently as yesterday before I upgraded the software. Stock prices are being updated properly, but not mutual funds or bonds. Is anyone else having this issue? :s :s
  • deathrs
    deathrs Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just updated to R30.9 for windows. This was a totally frustrating process. It has cost me 5 hours trouble shooting and correcting entries that were generated by this update. I have been a quicken user for almost twenty years and hve experienced nothing like this latest update.
    First issue after update: did a "one step update" for my brokerage accounts. I could hear automatic transations being entered but could not see them. I could see that the values of my accounts were way off. Still could not see transactions.

Second Issue: contacted Quicken Chat support, spent 1hr walking through exercises to view transactions, no success, advice was to call support on Monday. I finally figured out what had changed on the transactions, found that quicken had changed default to be simple value instead of compete transactions. I changed back to complete to see that quicken had incorrectly added transactions. a side issue, when Quicken defaulted to simple value, it turns on the automatic transaction acceptance entry.

Third issue: could not find any backup that quicken did before updating. Since the update was today 11/14/20 and there were no actual transactions from my broker on Saturday and all the erroneous transactions that Quicken added had been dated 11/14/20. so I manually deleted them.

Fourth issue: some where in the update process Quicken randomly entered price history for 11/14/20 as $1.00. I had to manually search my security holdings, find the security that had an udated price of $1.00 and edit the price history file.
    At this point, I do not know if there are more bugs, and if my problem was triggered by the version update or by the "one step update process" that I did after the version update. I just know that everthing was fine before the update.
    All In All, I am very disapponted in Quicken's update process and thier support after the process update.
  • jamesooi
    jamesooi Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm playing with it and believe most problems are due to this new "Simple" vs "Complete" investment tracking. Simple just seems messed up, and a lot of accounts defaulted to Simple. I seem to have to delete most transactions from the day of the switchover to the new patch and then switch the account to "Complete" and see better behavior. Not entirely sure, though.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    deathrs said:
    and if my problem was triggered by the version update or by the "one step update process" that I did after the version update. I just know that everthing was fine before the update.
    All In All, I am very disapponted in Quicken's update process and thier support after the process update.
    First the thread noting that R30.9 is changing some users accounts to simple investing.
    [removed - self-referencing thread]

Which leads to the next bugs that simple investing has had since put it out as beta (now considered not beta starting with R30.9)
    [removed - self-referencing thread]
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    And another thread on the subject.
    [removed self-referencing thread]
    Signature:
  • jim_moriarty1945
    Options
    Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1198) USA
    Quicken 2020 Version R30.9 Build 27.1.30.9
    After I did a one step update most but not all the Quote/Price Values had been set to 1. i have reverted back to a back up file, Uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken all with the same effect.
  • gbwineman
    gbwineman Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have major problems with Fidelity after the last release. First of all the transaction registers are gone for all Fidelity accounts and instead there are account graphs. Any Mutual Fund or Reit has a share price of $1.00. And no account activity will downloaded. What is going on?
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    1. No backup file was created when this version automatically installed.
    2. I did a One Step Update. Most of the prices went to $1. The investment activities downloaded from Fidelity had no $ amounts associated with them. All dividend reinvestments, buys and sells show up as shares added or removed.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edit the account details for that account.  The upgrade may have changed you over to simple method.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did change the view to back to the Complete - Positions and Transactions. That is where I see the problems. And of course I had made dozens of trades on Friday which I will now have to manually fix.
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also I did a short sell of a new option security and it added it (without asking if it was existing or new) as an asset class stock.
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    All my options updates to a price of $1 and half my stocks.
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also all the transactions showed the date when I updated (11/14) instead of the date when it was transacted (11/13)
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    It looks like what was done during the update was an automatic share reconciliation instead of downloading the transactions (even though it says that it did).[Removed-Disruptive/Rant]
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK I decided to test my theory that you can't switch back to complete after you have downloaded transactions using simple.  At least not without the work of getting the missing transactions put back in and removing the add shares/cash adjustments that simple will put in.

In another thread a person suggest that they should still download the transactions, but that wouldn't work.  If Quicken could download the transactions and everything come out perfect there would be no reason for the user to accept/review transactions.  But we all know this isn't the case.  So if they downloaded the transactions they would still have to put in adjustment transactions and that would mess up everything like reports and such, and wouldn't fix the problem for switching back.

What I think should be done is in the message about switching there should be a big warning stating that switching back after downloading transactions is going to be difficult.

So as that test I restored a backup copy of my data file from a couple of months ago so that I can get a few monthly updates.  And here is what I got when switching back to complete so that I can see the transactions.

Signature:
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I did the one-step update before knowing that I had to switch the accounts to the complete mode. Who decided to switch the mode to simple on existing accounts without warning?
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I should get paid for troubleshooting. All the $1 prices are in certain custom asset classes (which I've been using for a long time). But some of the security prices in the same custom asset classes did get the current price.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... Someone at Quicken made the decision that Simple view should be the default view for new investment accounts but for some reason there are some who have existing accounts where it switched from the Register view to the Simple view.  Not sure, yet, why this is happening ...
    My WAG theory on this default Q decision is that in the future, the 'Complete' view will be part of Q-Premier and the 'Simple' view will be part of Q-Deluxe.  One step at a time.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BK said:
    ... Someone at Quicken made the decision that Simple view should be the default view for new investment accounts but for some reason there are some who have existing accounts where it switched from the Register view to the Simple view.  Not sure, yet, why this is happening ...
    My WAG theory on this default Q decision is that in the future, the 'Complete' view will be part of Q-Premier and the 'Simple' view will be part of Q-Deluxe.  One step at a time.
    Interesting theory.  If they do it they are going to get a lot of angry users.
    Signature:
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any confusion and frustration that this has caused.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to navigate to Help > Report a Problem and report this issue.

Please include any screenshots you have captured, log files as well as sanitized data file if you are comfortable.

This information will be used to research this issue further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.