The error report on one step update says that it can't get results for a security "0".

Options
Susan Harris
Susan Harris Member ✭✭
edited February 24 in Investing (Windows)
Under the Service updated at the bottom of the one step update report, I get an orange button saying "52 of 94 quotes and investing headlines updated. See a report link." When I open the link it says:
"No new quotes or investing headlines were downloaded for the securities below." The only thing listed below is: Security Name: 0, symbol is blank and Download Quotes is a empty box icon.
I have no blank security or a security named "0" so I can't delete it. I have been getting this error message for a long time now and I have not been able to fix it or find a fix.
This is not a finance threatening problem, but it is irritating!

Also irritating are left over unmatched transactions. Several years ago there was a "back door" fix to clear those out, but that fix has disappeared and no longer works. Has a new fix to clear out old non-matched transactions been introduced?? If so please let me know.

One long time and frustrated user,
Susy Harris

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Susan Harris

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have a few questions to help me better understand what could be happening.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

If you are not yet running the new R30.9, I would recommend saving a backup and updating using the link available here.

Please let me know if the trouble persists after updating.

Thank you

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Susan Harris
    Susan Harris Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Quicken_Tyka
    I was on a slightly older version and one step update said I was up to date, so I went to the website and manually downloaded and installed the R30.9 version. The problem still persists.
    After the one step download for banking and investments the report showed a link next to the quotes that did not update. I am attaching a screen capture of the report that shows this odd 0 account.
    Also do you have any fix for old transactions in the match transaction windows? I always seem to end up with "orphan" transactions that I can't clean out in a number of my bank accounts. So annoying. I use to do a back door fix a few years ago, but that fix no longer works in these newer Quicken versions.
    Susan Harris
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Susan Harris

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I think in this case it would be best to contact Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• LonPribble
    LonPribble Member ✭✭
    Options

Was there a solution to this issue? I am having this exact issue in Jan 2024. Can someone assist?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@LonPribble

Regarding the main issue discussed here, the report of securities whose quotes were not updated, I suggest you go to Tools > Security List and un-check the Download Quotes box for any securities that are not publicly traded. Quicken's quote provider only has prices for publicly traded securities.

Look carefully at any securities or stable value funds that are held in a 401(k) or similar account. Sometimes these have names that are similar to publicly traded mutual funds, but they are not actually the publicly traded fund and have different prices. Often these special funds will have "Trust" in their names, they will not have a ticker symbol on the administrator's website, and/or the holdings will be listed as "Units" rather than shares.

Please let us know what you find.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.