When reconciling one account, all savings goal transactions appear as unreconciled,

Until recently, savings goal transactions do not appear when reconciling accounts. However, in one account, saving goals transactions now appear - either as deposits or withdrawals, from the beginning of the account history. I have scroll to the bottom to find the real bank transactions for reconciliation. I use saving goals in other accounts and they do not have the same issue. I've tried copying, super validate, etc., but the issue persists. Any ideas on how to fix - other than closing that account in Quicken and Opening a new one? :/ :/
Tagged:

Best Answers

• bking51
    bking51 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This worked, thanks! I failed to correlate that action with the reconciliation issue. I used Find and Replace for each of the old (now asset) Saving Goal accounts to move the transactions to one new and real Saving Goal account.

Answers

• Hello@bking51 

Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the savings goal transactions.

It sounds like these transactions are being sorted by a column other than date. To be sure that they are sorted by the date, click on the DATE column so that the blue triangle appears there as pictured below.

As far as what you are used to seeing, how were the savings goals withdraws and contributions appearing in the register before this new behavior began?

Any other information that you can provide will be helpful!

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• bking51
    bking51 Member ✭✭
    To replicate the issue, use an account in which there are savings goal transactions and attempt to reconcile the account. Until a few months ago, when the "Reconcile: Account Name" window pops up with the two panes "Payments and Checks" and "Deposits", NO savings goal transactions are listed. Now one of my accounts shows all the saving goal transactions in the Reconcile pop-up window, with Saving Goal Contributions in the Payments and Checks pane and Saving Goal Withdrawals in the Deposits pane. Other accounts with saving goal transactions do not behave this way - only the one account has begun to display saving goal transactions during account reconciliation. Hope this helps.
  • bking51
    bking51 Member ✭✭
    any way to set this as unanswered? I appreciate Diana's quick response, but it didn't address my issue. I hope my response better explained the situation.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bking51,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and provided additional details as requested by @Quicken Diana, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

I would just like to clarify some things in order to better assist you further--

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Also, do you recall when this behavior first started? Did you notice anything significant happen prior to when this behavior started happening (e.g.: new update release installed, One Step Update was run, Quicken Cloud sync was performed, etc.)? 

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bking51
    bking51 Member ✭✭
    Version of Quicken - R30.10 build 27.1.30.10
    Hard to say when noticed - a few months ago. As it only appears when reconciling the one account, I didn't see it until I reconciled it and didn't address it then; I assumed that it was a bug that would be addressed eventually. But it's been a while and I decided to raise the issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for your response, though I apologize for the delay in mine.

At this point, I believe it would be best that you contact Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that we are unable to resolve this for you from here in the Community.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to confirm the unexpected transactions are from an account of account type Savings Goal: open the account register and press Ctrl + Shift + E
  • bking51
    bking51 Member ✭✭
    This helps. (1) not all saving goal transactions are showing up in this account's reconciliation screen.
    (2) The one that do show up are older and under "account type:" in the Account Details screen, are listed as "Asset". The Savings Goal Accounts not showing up are listed as "Savings Goal".
    I did see a couple of questions on this from back in February, but no solution provided. BTW, before posting this on this site, I did call Premier Support and the agent had me super validate the file, but that didn't help.
    Is there anyway to change this?
  • bking51
    bking51 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This worked, thanks! I failed to correlate that action with the reconciliation issue. I used Find and Replace for each of the old (now asset) Saving Goal accounts to move the transactions to one new and real Saving Goal account.