Experience Working in Quicken 2020 with large files?

Options
Ron Ellis
Ron Ellis Member ✭✭✭
Experience Working in Quicken 2020 with large files?
Our clients uses Quicken files on behalf of their financial management clients. We would like to connect with a consultant that has relevant experience with using using large Quicken files, benefits of using 'year-end' copy, managing files via a network, etc. Any referrals would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How big do you consider "large"? My QDF file is 146 MB with a mixture of banking, credit card, and investing accounts, with transactions going back to 1999. I do not use attachments, which can make a file much larger.

I would not recommend using the Year end copy or storing your working data file anywhere other than a local hard drive.

QWin Premier subscription
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off, how about NOT posting the same question multiple times.  On some forums, you would have been banned as a spammer.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ron Ellis
    Ron Ellis Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hello Chris_QPW,
    Thanks for this thoughtful response which confirms some of what we knew and offers a bit of new useful insight too. If you would be wiling to talk by phone please let me know? [email removed] .
  • Ron Ellis
    Ron Ellis Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @splasher said:
    > First off, how about NOT posting the same question multiple times.  On some forums, you would have been banned as a spammer.

Hello Splasher,
    Please be assured that I feel sufficiently shamed for my crime of 'posting twice' there is apparently no excuse for begin both new and un-sure. A friendly forum member might suggest deleting one and how to do that, or even pointed me to the clearly not yet understood relevant guideline.

However, If the objective is to keep the forum as clean as possible of anyone with less experience, I don't think I could improve on your response.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ron Ellis said:
    > @splasher said:
    > First off, how about NOT posting the same question multiple times.  On some forums, you would have been banned as a spammer.

Hello Splasher,
    Please be assured that I feel sufficiently shamed for my crime of 'posting twice' there is apparently no excuse for begin both new and un-sure. A friendly forum member might suggest deleting one and how to do that, or even pointed me to the clearly not yet understood relevant guideline.

However, If the objective is to keep the forum as clean as possible of anyone with less experience, I don't think I could improve on your response.

Twice in the same category is an "oops"/mouse stutter, three times in different categories is spamming.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ron Ellis said:
    > @splasher said:

Hello Splasher,

Hi @""Ron Ellis" ,

How much are you paying for a Consultation for your To Strategic Systems Company?

This you never mentioned.

Also review the link in my signature.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.