Comcast/Xfinity Ebill Issues

For no apparent reason, Quicken asked me to updated my login for Comcast/Xfinity ebill. I tried doing so. Entered name and password. Comcast sent me a code via two step authentication which I entered but Quicken said my name or password were incorrect. This can't be right since Comcast sent me the two step authentication code. Still, I separately went to Comcast (Xfinity) website and confirmed I have name and password correct (which I do). This cycle of entering name and password and two-step code kept happening with Quicken repeatedly saying my name and password were wrong. Eventually, Comcast locked my account and made me change password (which I did). This did not solve issue. Cycle of entering name, password and two-step authentication code continues. I tried unlinking account but this did not fix the issue. Tried deleting Comcast as a biller but Quicken just marked it as "hidden" and won't delete. This "feels" like a Quicken/Comcast issue but welcome suggestions.

Best Answer

Answers

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I turned off two-step verification and was able to link bill. Since two-step verification was not an issue in the past I am not sure why this is an issue now Would prefer to have two-step verification on if possible.
  • Gary Fisher
    Gary Fisher Member ✭✭
    This is a problem that has just cropped up . A change with Xfinity has caused this so Quicken needs to remedy.

Other accounts with 2FA engaged can correctly identify a repeat connection and proceed without constantly asking for another code. If Quicken can't update the bill without constantly asking for 2FA codes every time it is of little use.
  • Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Weird. I just talked to support and they suggested I contact xfinity because it must be their problem. I will try getting rid of 2fa but I also prefer to use it.

Today 9/9 I just turned off 2fa and it worked
  • Hi had the same experience as Kathleen. I called Xfinity and they have no idea what I was talking about. How do you turn off 2fa?
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    FOR JP:

Log in to Xfinity website: https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust. Sign in in the upper right hand corner. Once logged in, click on your name in the upper right hand corner and a drop down menu will appear. Select “Account Settings.” On the left hand side will be several links. Click on “Xfinity ID, Passwords & PINs.” At the top of the page will be “Xfinity ID & Password.” The fifth item (after Secret Question) is Two-Step Verification. There you can select on or off.
  • dan5
    dan5 Member ✭✭✭
    I would like to keep 2fa its good to keep account secure, any other ways for this to work with QBM? Unfortunately I have very few bills that I can pay successfully through QBM, its pretty frustrating when I call support I always get "I don't know why it always works for me personally" and I would be happy to walk you through rebuilding your data. I don't think that can be the answer for everything and takes 2 hours to get through on the phone which I don't have time for.
    More and more I am paying through my local credit union who's bill pay works and then having to double entry into quicken. Super annoying.
  • I was able to turn off 2fa, but still no evidence that my payment that I thought I made on September 5 went through. QBM shows it was "Entered" on September 5, but neither my bank nor Comcast recognize receipt. When I click on the "Pay" button on QBM it defaults to the next payment date of October, even though the it reflects that it is still waiting on the next bill. Does anybody know if the September payment will eventually go through, or if I should pay in a different way?

This is my first attempt to use QBM, and if this is any indication of the future I may pull the plug.
  • Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    I don’t use the QBP. I pay through my bank which is fine but I do like Quicken for seeing all my bills in one place. I too hope they solve this problem because obviously it is not secure without the 2fa 🙁
  • dan5
    dan5 Member ✭✭✭
    @jpconnelly98 I have had that same result with several payments and they never showed up and I ended up having to pay late fees. I would pay them again if you are going to be charged late fees.
  • Gary Fisher
    Gary Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    [Removed-Inaccurate]
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I did contact support on this initially and was told to wait a few days and try again. I eventually created this post as waiting and trying again did not resolve the issue.
  • k3lavine
    k3lavine Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I too am experiencing problems with QBM and Xfinity. My last Quick Pay failed and had to scramble to avoid late payment fee. Now trying to refresh bill, I get prompted for login credentials which I provide and get an Authentication Failed message. I login to the Xfinity website with the credentials and I am successful, try QBM again and same Authentication Failed. I have 2 Step Verification turned OFF. [removed - speculation]
  • dan5
    dan5 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    [Removed-Rant/Off Topic]
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Yesterday, I went to pay my xfinity bill through Quicken Bill Pay. I was unable to schedule payment -- although I was able to schedule payment last month (August). Contacted support, spent an hour or so with them online. They instructed me to "scrub my data file", remove xfinity from the online payee list, then try to add it again. This failed at the third step where xfinity sends a code to my cellphone for verification. Repeated the process 1 day later - same result. At this point, I'm convinced that the problem is NOT in my data file since they had me repeat the whole process with a new "test" data file with nothing in it. It appears to be a bug somewhere between Quicken and Xfinity... This is not the first problem I've had with the new Quicken Bill Pay feature....
  • MikeP
    MikeP Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with Xfinity. It first showed up about three weeks ago - continuous cycle of password/name entry and inability of Quicken to recognize the authentication code. I’ve tried a couple of times per week since but still not fixed. I won’t turn off MFA; it recently prevented someone from accessing my account. Other accounts navigate MFA just fine. Quicken needs to fix this
  • whitelight
    whitelight Member ✭✭
    i have the same issue since March 2020 with Quicken when trying to use the new bill manager to acknowledge Xfinity, called custoemr service again on Sept 22, "were having issues with Xfintiy, please try later in the week," so today friday Sept 25 attempted to add Xfinity, same issue - my account will not verify.
    seems like i am wasting my time with a product still in BETA after a year. can anyone suggest a reliable bill paying service.
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Xfinity appears as an option in online billers (Bills & Income). When I enter my credentials, I get back an "authorizing" window as though a connection is being established. After about 1 minute, I get a request from Quicken to enter a verification code which has been sent to my cellphone. The cellphone does produce a 6 digit verification code. When I enter that verification code into the Quicken window, I am informed that it is invalid. This has been going on for at least 2 weeks. My xfinity account is not set up for 2 factor authorization normally. I see others complaining about this behavior, but the thread is marked as closed.

It would be helpful if Quicken would acknowledge an "official problem" they are trying to resolve with a tracking number and a date for expected resolution. I recognize that many problems are reported with various symptoms by different users -- but an official list of known problems would be helpful.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    This is an on-going issue and appears to be related to 2-factor authentication. The is an existing thread on this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880558/comcast-xfinity-ebill-issues#latest

Short term solution appears to be to disable 2-factor authentication although that has its own risks...
  • TallyHoBoy
    TallyHoBoy Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem as the posts above.
    The 2 factor verification failed.
    is there a way to fix this?
  • TallyHoBoy
    TallyHoBoy Member ✭✭
    Xfinity account verification failed snap shot.
  • TallyHoBoy
    TallyHoBoy Member ✭✭
    Xfinity account verification failed snap shot attached. Is there a way to fix this?
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Turning off two-factor authentication (TFA) on Xfiinity account appears to solve this although this is not s solution I am recommending. At best, turn off TFA, pay the bill and then turn TFA back on. Other billers with TFA don't seem to have this issue.
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭✭
    Is this the fix or is there still an issue open per this link that i have bookmarked

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881655/ongoing-10-13-2020-xfinity-bill-syncing-issues#latest
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I believe this is still an open issue.
  • rmfont
    rmfont Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with entering the 6-digit code from my phone and the repeating error message when I re-enter the code saying "Your XFINITY account verification failed. The verification code may be incorrect or expired. Please try entering your verification code once again."

So I keep hitting continue, Xfinity keeps sending me the code, until Quicken message appears "Unable to update billers. Quicken could not retrieve the list of billers. Please try again later."
  • Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    Strange that it takes over a month or more to fix this problem :(
  • whitelight
    whitelight Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    [removed - off-topic/disruptive]
  • whitelight
    whitelight Member ✭✭
    On Topic,
    its been 4 months since Xfinity has worked in bill manager. FIX IT
This discussion has been closed.