Syncing Investments with Mobile App

Options
I use the mobile app and want to synch my 401k stock information (including pricing changes, etc) with the mobile app (I assume cloud). The account details (shares, transactions) sync find but the market value data does not seem to sync. Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hello @espo4life

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

When I view a 401k account on the mobile I am able to see the Market Value in the investing section.

When I select the investing section and choose the account I also see the amount listed next to "Total Value."

Are you missing these amounts or is the confusion that the amount is listed as total value and not market value?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • espo4life
    espo4life Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @espo4life
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.
    >
    > When I view a 401k account on the mobile I am able to see the Market Value in the investing section.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > When I select the investing section and choose the account I also see the amount listed next to "Total Value."
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you missing these amounts or is the confusion that the amount is listed as total value and not market value?
    >
    > Please let me know!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

I see 0 values for all of my securities. I would post a screen shot, but I can't seem to be able to. The data is being downloaded to the desktop app, but does not seem to sync with the mobile.

Thank you for the help!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @espo4life,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data and see if that may make a difference (see steps below).
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Go to the Mobile & Web tab
    8. Click on the blue Sync Now button to reinitiate the sync and to make sure no errors occur
    9. Wait for it to finish syncing again
    10. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• espo4life
    espo4life Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @espo4life,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this.
    >
    > If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data and see if that may make a difference (see steps below).* Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    > * On your desktop program go to Edit
    > * Preferences
    > * Mobile & Web
    > * Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data (Image)
    >
    >
    > * Wait for the sync reset to finish
    > * Go to the Mobile & Web tab
    > * Click on the blue Sync Now button to reinitiate the sync and to make sure no errors occur
    > * Wait for it to finish syncing again
    > * Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app
    >
    > Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.
    >
    > Let us know how it goes!

That did not work :( Any more ideas? Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @espo4life Thank you for trying those steps, though I apologize that that did not resolve the issue for you and for the delay in my response.

Since, unfortunately, the previous steps failed, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

Before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, you will then need to sign out of the Quicken Mobile app again, and on your desktop program, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and click on the blue Sync Now button. If successful, sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app to see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

If that fails or you prefer to have assistance, then I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone in case you may need more extensive troubleshooting. They also have the ability to screen share with you if you're comfortable doing so.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.