Quicken ignores Dont-ask-again setting

After doing a credit card reconciliation using the on-line balance, Quicken offers to make a payment from my checking account. There's a checkbox for "Don't ask again". I check the box, click on "No" for don't make a payment, and the next time I do a reconciliation, the Make a Payment box is back again. I've cleared Edit-Preferences-ResetQuickenWarnings, saved the file, run a validation, closed/opened Quicken, but it still ignores the Don't Ask Again choice. I am using Quicken subscription on Windows 10 Pro, with latest version.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Crumpled
    Crumpled Member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Tyka, Before I received your instructions, I tried something else that actually worked. I believed that I checked the "Don't ask again" box, said YES to make a payment, it opened the payment screen, and then I cancelled out of that screen. That appears to have finally toggled the "Don't ask again" flag. Strange issue!

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Crumpled,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try running a Super Validate by following the steps below.
    1. Go to File
    2. File Operations
    3. Hold Ctrl Shift on your keyboard and click Validate and Repair...
    4. Let go of the Ctrl Shift keys and select Super Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close Quicken (keep closed for at least 5 seconds)
    7. Reopen Quicken
    Try again to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Crumpled
    Crumpled Member
    It's going to take a couple of more days to know if Super Validate process worked. I had to wait for some new transactions, and since I paid the card in advance, I have a slightly positive balance, so perhaps the window asking if I want to pay is suppressed because of that. Once I have a few transactions and a negative balance, I'll post the result. Thanks!
  • Crumpled
    Crumpled Member
    Hi Quicken Anja, the answer, unfortunately, is that the issue still persists even after following your instructions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the update, though I am sorry to hear that it continues to persists.

Next, I recommend that you create a copy of your data file by following the instructions provided below in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables.
    1. Go to File
    2. File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New copy and click OK  

Once the newly copied file opens, see if the issue persists or resolves. If it does persist, please, try validating and super validating again in the copied file.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Crumpled
    Crumpled Member
    Hi, Followed your directions precisely. Awaited new transaction, which arrived today. Issue persists, unfortunately. Validating/SuperVal shows no errors in log.
  • Crumpled
    Crumpled Member
    Confirming, happened again with today's bank CC card download, after reconciling. It's just ignoring the "Don't ask again" checkbox preference.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Crumpled

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

I would recommend deactivating the account in question. The steps to deactivate are available at the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

I would then reactivate the account using the steps below. This process acts as if a new account will be created however this will not create a new account but give the option to link all of the accounts at once.

• At the top of the Account Bar, click the + (plus sign) button.
    • Search for your baking
    • Enter Credentials the banking credentials
    • Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).

Please let us know if the trouble persists after completing this step.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Crumpled
    Crumpled Member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Tyka, Before I received your instructions, I tried something else that actually worked. I believed that I checked the "Don't ask again" box, said YES to make a payment, it opened the payment screen, and then I cancelled out of that screen. That appears to have finally toggled the "Don't ask again" flag. Strange issue!
This discussion has been closed.