Bank Bill Pay cannot be weekend error

When I pay a recurring bill in Bills & Income via Bill Pay, I occasionally get the error that "Wells Fargo Bank cannot deliver your payment to XXXX because that date falls on a weekend".

In the past Quicken I believe Quicken would give me the option to change the date on the fly, but that seems to have disappeared. The only option I can find is to "edit all instances" which will reset all future dates, causing date creep, and yet not fixing future similar errors. For recurring bills this is an error that will obvious be occurring 2/7th of the time. Is there an easy fix? What am I missing?

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @kayvee42

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using as well as the name of the financial institution.

Do you receive any error codes or messages?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @SPrager and @kayvee42,

I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

@SPrager thank you again for submitting the necessary files in order to get this submitted and worked on.

And thank you both for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @Sprager,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I have sent you a direct message regarding this topic, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• kayvee42
    kayvee42 Member ✭✭
    I'm facing the same error as well - any suggestions as to how to fix? Using Quicken Premier on OSX
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @kayvee42

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using as well as the name of the financial institution.

Do you receive any error codes or messages?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @SPrager and @kayvee42,

I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

@SPrager thank you again for submitting the necessary files in order to get this submitted and worked on.

And thank you both for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

-Quicken Anja

• kayvee42
    kayvee42 Member ✭✭
    I'm using version as below. No error code - just a message asking me to change the date (similar to what OP posted). I change the date in the register and pay - it works fine then. This is opposed to how it used to work - where it would give me an option to move the date to the Friday before the weekend, and I would just click OK

Version 6.0.1 (Build 600.37045.100)
    macOS 11.0.1
This discussion has been closed.