Serious Reconciliation Issues

I spend hours reconciling transactions. However, when I logged in after a few days, I will find that my reconciliations are no longer there and Quicken has completely messed up the reconciliations and now I have to redo months (and sometimes years) of reconciliations. This has repeatedly happened to me numerous times on numerous accounts. Has anyone else had these issues?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @sprabhuk

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• sprabhuk
    sprabhuk Member
    Why the heck is Quicken touching or changing my reconciliations?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @sprabhuk

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you can add some detail here that would allow somebody to make a stab at helping you. 
    What exactly do you mean by "Quicken has completely messed up the reconciliations", and how does this messed up situation become apparent to you?
    I personally reconcile all my spending Accounts once a month because all those accounts issue monthly statements.  A successful reconciliation ends up with a bunch of recent entries getting an "R" in the Clr column and on the "Reconcile:[Account Name]" page the Cleared Balance equals the Statement Ending Balance.  Given this procedure there's only a couple of ways I'd find out that something has somehow messed up my reconciliations:
    1. I might perhaps notice that a bunch of transactions that previously were marked "R" in the Clr column now have "c"s, or are blank
    2. I can't reconcile to the "following month's" statement even though all transactions in my register agree to that month's statement.
    So what are you seeing or what are you doing when you log in after a few days that tips you off that something's wrong?  What errors do you find when you are forced to redo months or years of reconciliations?  Missing transactions?  Transactions that have some how been changed, like amounts, dates, Clr column status, or something?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do you sync your accounts to Quicken Mobile/Web?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.