Why is Quicken (Mac) Memo Line printing to low on Intuit Voucher Checks

Options
William Day
William Day Member ✭✭✭✭
I believe that the MEMO LINE being printed by Quicken (Mac) on Intuit/Quicken Voucher Checks is too low by about 2 or 3 lines once the body of the voucher check is aligned.  Unfortunately one cannot align each individual print line independently of the others.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, I'm sorry to say this has been noted many times here in the forum by those who print checks, and the developers haven't acted on it. (I'm not even sure it's on their radar that this is still causing problems for users.)

I believe the problem is that printing checks is a portion of the code that was inherited from the predecessor 2010-era Quicken Essentials, and changing check printing to allow fields to be independently positioned would require scrapping and re-writing that section of the code in the current development environment. It's certainly not impossible to fix; it's just a question of how many people are having trouble with it and how to prioritize this versus other needs.

There is an existing Idea thread on this topics for users to VOTE for this to be raised as a priority need with the developers. Not many people have voted for it, which is probably why the issue remains. I encourage you, and anyone else reading this who is having a similar problem, to go to this thread and vote for it. (To vote, under the first post in the large blue box, click the little gray arrow under the counter to register your vote.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the printer setup up "For Printing Checks", make sure that you've chosen the correct type of check.  You probably want "Check 21 Image" checks chosen.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• William Day
    William Day Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you sure that that is a Quicken (Mac) solution?  I don't think that that option is presented in Quicken (Mac).
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, I'm sorry to say this has been noted many times here in the forum by those who print checks, and the developers haven't acted on it. (I'm not even sure it's on their radar that this is still causing problems for users.)

I believe the problem is that printing checks is a portion of the code that was inherited from the predecessor 2010-era Quicken Essentials, and changing check printing to allow fields to be independently positioned would require scrapping and re-writing that section of the code in the current development environment. It's certainly not impossible to fix; it's just a question of how many people are having trouble with it and how to prioritize this versus other needs.

There is an existing Idea thread on this topics for users to VOTE for this to be raised as a priority need with the developers. Not many people have voted for it, which is probably why the issue remains. I encourage you, and anyone else reading this who is having a similar problem, to go to this thread and vote for it. (To vote, under the first post in the large blue box, click the little gray arrow under the counter to register your vote.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.