Unable to add Dish Network as an Online Biller

I've tried for several days to add Dish as an Online Biller. I have even changed the PW of my Dish account a few times. I called Dish and they said there is nothing they can do. The message I get when the login fails with Quicken is "Some information was entered in the wrong format. Type exactly as shown in labels below or check the login instructions at the biller's web site." I have been using Quicken since it was founded. I have rechecked everything. I had it as an Online Biller until last week when I upgraded by Bill Manager to 19 Quick Pays and 15 Check Pays with the extra fee. After that happened my Quicken file slowly deteriorated and removed about 20 Online Billers. I called tech support and they finally got me running again. I have re-added all my Online Billers but cannot re-add Dish as an Online Biller due to this password problem.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @napscoinc

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

To confirm, are you attempting to sign into Dish using an email or the login or a username that is not formatted as an email?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • napscoinc
    napscoinc Member ✭✭✭
    I am using the ID and Password I use for login in DISH. I have had DISH as an Online BIller for some time, but my Quicken slowly deteriorated last week and removed about 20 Online Billers from my account and left 3. I called tech support and they got my back up and running but I had to reinstall/Add all the billers that had been removed. I got all of them added but I can't add Dish with the same ID and Password I had before and use on the Dish Network website. I called DISH and they verified both the ID and Password as being correct and the correct format.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @napscoinc

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look and noticed that you did call us two days ago to try getting it resolved and it ended up being escalated. I believe it's been about the 48 hours since you've been in contact. Have you been able to add bill just yet? If not there also notes that they would like to take another look at the issue as well so I would recommend calling if this is the case. If needed as well I can provide you with the ticket number so that the agent that helps is easily able to track down the case. Just let me know once you get the chance!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• napscoinc
    napscoinc Member ✭✭✭
    The current Ticket # is 8103277

I called in yesterday and they had said that we should downloaded the latest Release R 30.10 which we did. That did not help. We also did a Validate and Repair on the file using CTRL + Validate and Repair. That showed that the file was in tact. The tech was very helpful and told me to call back in 48 hours to check in. I said I would and I would keep trying to add DISH as an Online Biller. I tried to add DISH and it did not work.

This morning I was wondering if I Uninstall Quicken and then download the program from my Quicken.com and install it again and get a clean copy would that work.

Thanks for all your guy's work!!
    It is much appreciated.

Gary
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @napscoinc,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your issue and consistently following up with an update for us, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

I'm not sure if you have already tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken since you asked the question a few days ago. If you haven't yet, you can go ahead try that. However, I would just like to quickly inform you that if you wish to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall, then please review this support article. You will first need to scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders

I hope this helps and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• napscoinc
    napscoinc Member ✭✭✭
    I saved my Quicken File to a memory stick and removed it from the computer. Then I uninstalled Quicken and every thing possible with Quicken so there was no evidence on my computer of Quicken program or any backup files and active files. Then I shut the computer down. Then I started it again and made sure everything about Quicken was gone. Then I did a new install of Quicken and opened my file from the memory stick. I still have the problem with DISH not being able to be added as an Online Biller.
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    > @napscoinc said:
    > I saved my Quicken File to a memory stick and removed it from the computer. Then I uninstalled Quicken and every thing possible with Quicken so there was no evidence on my computer of Quicken program or any backup files and active files. Then I shut the computer down. Then I started it again and made sure everything about Quicken was gone. Then I did a new install of Quicken and opened my file from the memory stick. I still have the problem with DISH not being able to be added as an Online Biller.

I'm having the same issue. Windows Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version R30.10 Build 27.1.30.10 and when I try to link to biller DISH Network I get: Some information was entered in the wrong format. Type exactly as shown in labels below or check the login instructions at the biller's web site. I'm in the NW region of Kentucky.
  • napscoinc
    napscoinc Member ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to know this knowledge might help Quicken to know now that the problem is not with our computers/software but is between the Quicken program and/or Dish's computer. Thanks for responding! This may help us both as we are in the same boat, and I would bet there are other Quicken users out there who are in the same boat with us. Maybe Quicken will get to the bottom of this and fix the problem now.
  • wesenick3
    wesenick3 Member ✭✭
    I, too, am having the same issues. The Quicken version I'm using is Deluxe 2020 v. R30.14 which I just upgraded to on 12/4. I tried both upper/lower case for my user name & even changed my password today; still get the message about incorrect format.
  • napscoinc
    napscoinc Member ✭✭✭
    I am talking with an escalated support team at Quicken to try and resolve the situation. I have told them that other users are having the same problem as I am with this also.
  • napscoinc
    napscoinc Member ✭✭✭
    This issue has now been resolved and I am able to add Dish Network as an Online BIller.
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    Cool, working for me as well! Thanks for the update and Happy Holidays.
  • wesenick3
    wesenick3 Member ✭✭
    Success!!! Dish is now listed in my online bills. Thanks napscoinc :) Merry Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.