Bill and income reminders bar disappeared

jjkrogs
jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
Some update downloaded recently and wiped out the quick bar that allowed me to do one-step update, view upcoming bills/income, etc.

Now when I go to a register I can't get back to my upcoming bills section. Ideas?

Best Answer

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So I fixed it... Under the "Edit" menu, under "Preferences", that box was already checked-- so I unchecked it and re-checked it and my bar appeared again.

Looks like a bug.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you may have inadvertently hidden the toolbar and tabs:

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    Not that one, the blue tab that has: Home, Spending, Bills & Income, Planning, Add-on Services, Mobile & Web, Tips & Tutorials

...has disappeared and I am unable to find the option to turn it back on. There is a tool bar that is completely different and doesn't have the same options or visibility, so I don't use it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please try this: Go to the View Menu and click Show Tabs.
    Menu bars are available only in the main Quicken window, not in popup account registers.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's another possibility ...
    Did you select View / Full Screen by any chance? This setting can also be toggled on and off by pressing the "F11" key
  • jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, neither of these worked to bring back that specific bar I mentioned. I don't see that bar/tab as an option to turn off/on anywhere. I may just re-install.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to my menu bars below, can you show us what your top area looks like?
    Show us the entire window width, please.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    Here it is. I would normally NOT use the tool bar, but since the blue tab disappeared with the commands I used to use, the tool bar at least has a "back" button that will get back to this page (shown).
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please try this:
    Go to the View Menu.
    If Standard Menus has a checkmark, click to switch to Classic Menus.
    Now check Show Tabs. If it doesn't have a checkmark, click it once. If it already has a checkmark, click it twice slowly to toggle the setting off and then on.

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    So my view menu doesn't have those options...
  • jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    "Show To-do Bar" brings up a column on the far right that has nothing to do with the bar that disappeared.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big, big sigh!
    Must be yet another limitation of Starter Edition or a recent change ...
    What do you have in Edit / Preferences / Navigation? Do you have settings for Classic Menus and Show Tabs in there?
  • jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So I fixed it... Under the "Edit" menu, under "Preferences", that box was already checked-- so I unchecked it and re-checked it and my bar appeared again.

Looks like a bug.
This discussion has been closed.