Security for mutiple family user.

Can we setup a seperate or secure account for our daughter. So see can't see our accounts and us hers.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @JeffWF,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your question.

You can create a new separate data file for your daughter which will allow her to add her accounts without adding them to your existing data file. Then, you will also be able to switch back and forth between the 2 files through the File menu. Please, review this support article for more information and instructions on how to do so.

Additionally, you can add a data file password to each file if you wish to prevent others from being able to access the files. Please, refer to this support article for instructions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @JeffWF,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your question.

You can create a new separate data file for your daughter which will allow her to add her accounts without adding them to your existing data file. Then, you will also be able to switch back and forth between the 2 files through the File menu. Please, review this support article for more information and instructions on how to do so.

Additionally, you can add a data file password to each file if you wish to prevent others from being able to access the files. Please, refer to this support article for instructions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• JeffWF
    JeffWF Member
    Thanks. I just inmorted from my old Q2007MAC. So we are weeding thru old accounts and. Is there a way to import each account seperatly.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited December 2020
    Converting instruction from Quicken 2007 for Mac to the Quicken Subscription model can found in this support article under the section titled Previous versions of Mac in the blue dropdown section titled Convert from Quicken 2007 for Mac

However, since the conversion process uses a Quicken 2007 data file to convert, it does import the entire data file to the new program and does not have the option to select specific accounts to import separately.

-Quicken Anja

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To keep your security as described, you will NOT be able to use QMobile and/or Q-Web.  Activating them on either file will allow the other person to view the data via QMobile/Q-Web.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.