Biller update is not working for Citibank or Geico. Possibly more as new statements are issued.

These accounts will not even update when I click on 'REFRESH BILL". It goes through the motions but nothing updates. Do I need to unlink from reminder and set it up again? The transactions for the accounts update but not the bill.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Kerry

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

May I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running?

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for both Geico and Citi and I do not see any sync errors or issues reported that could explain this behavior.

Is this the first month that you've had issues receiving these bills? Did you end up moving forward with deactivating and reactivating the bill?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    R30.14 build 27.1.30.14
    I unlinked Citibank BILLER from the reminder. The REFRESH BILL worked but the reminder shows in my HOME calendar four times for the due date with the same dollar amount. That is the only reminder showing multiple times for the same date. I did discover that the reminder due date had moved out to May 2021 before I went back and edited current and all future reminders. Thank you for your help. I have depended on Quicken for years to manage bill payment more than any other feature. I now question the reliability of the informatoin provided. The web version is even worse. I used it for a couple of weeks while away from home. Perhaps it messed up my desktop version. I actually set up a spreadsheet just to keep up with bills.
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Only issue left is the fact that Citibank credit card appears 4 times on the due date, each with the total balance due, so the projected bank account balance is reduced 4 times rather than once. I have tried everything to correct it. Delete reminder, unlink biller, and add everything back. Still not corrected. This is the only reminder and biller doing this.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hello @Kerry

Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I would next recommend super validating the file, to see if this process removes the payment to send a message.

To run this utility, open Quicken and go to the File menu > File Operations...

Hold down Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard, and click on " Super Validate & Repair, while holding the keys down

The Validate & Repair window will open and mark the top box that should say "Supervalidate file" then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

If the trouble persists after completing this step, I would next contact support for advanced troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for you help. I did receive the following message but I can't notice a missing reminder. It will probably take another billing cycle to see it the problem persists:

Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

Summary:
    Quicken repaired 1 accounts. No action required.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.
    Super validation has completed.

[Sat Dec 26 17:47:10 2020]
    Opening file:
    C:\Users\kwnkw\Google Drive\Quicken\KDW.QDF

Again, thank you
    Kerry
  • DRVM
    DRVM Member
    also unable to update citi bank credit card. Have tried refreshing biller, have removed and added biller back in, but nothing works to bring in the current statement. Using Window subscription version R30.19; build 27.1.30.19, please let me know if you're able to help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @DRVM,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Citibank Online Billers is currently a known issue that is still being worked on. Unfortunately, we do not currently have an ETA on when it will be resolved. Please, refer to this Community Alert for updates as they become available.

I do apologize for not having better news to share with you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [Removed - Off Topic]
This discussion has been closed.