Selecting an Online Payee Changes payment Account

Issue is as follows, paying bills online:
I select my payment account in the open Online Center window,
I open the Online Payee window and select a payee,
Quicken enters the payee but in doing so, on its own, Quicken erroneously changes the originally selected payment account to another account.

This happens every time I try to use the online Payee list for Online Center payments, the correct payment account is changed to an undesired account. This has been an issue for some time. Is there a setting to lock in a default payment account in the Online Center or any setting in Preferences to stop this from happening? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Rene Robes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    I would just like some clarification in order to better assist you further.

How long ago did you notice that this issue first started happening, or to your knowledge has it always done this? Also, are the 2 different payment accounts with the same or different financial institutions?

Please, check back and let us know.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rene Robes
    Rene Robes Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Version is the latest, R30.14.
    Did not always do this.
    This error started within the last 2 or 3 updates. I've used Quicken for decades and never had this issue before.
    All the accounts (3) are with the same institution.
    Workaround is to select the payee from the drop-down list in the Online Center payment entry window, which defeats the purpose of the Online Payee list.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rene Robes

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize for the frustration. 

If you have not done so already, I would also recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

This report will not receive a direct response but the information will be used to investigate and research purposes to better understand this issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.