Why won't my portfolio customization save?

My portfolio view is now showing hidden accounts. When I customize it, removing hidden accounts and others I don't want to see, and modify the columns they will update for my current session, but the next time I open Quicken I once again see every account and the original columns, without my customization. How do I get the changes to save from one session to the next?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. Just wanted to make sure that your data file is NOT on a network drive or in a folder which is accessed by cloud backup software like Dropbox while Quicken is running. That could lead to problems.

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

• mrasmus1
    mrasmus1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, that's an interesting security feature I wasn't aware of, but it is not enabled.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that case,
    what's the exact location (drive letter + path name + file name) of your Quicken data file, e.g. C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\QDATA.QDF)?

• mrasmus1
    mrasmus1 Member ✭✭
    C:\Users\Dad\Documents\Quicken\Michael.qdf
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. Just wanted to make sure that your data file is NOT on a network drive or in a folder which is accessed by cloud backup software like Dropbox while Quicken is running. That could lead to problems.

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• mrasmus1
    mrasmus1 Member ✭✭
    After much delay, that seems to have worked. Thanks!
  • smehta52
    smehta52 Member
    I am having a similar issue. There are 18 portfolio scenarios available on portfolio View. Ever since the last update I am not able to save any of the customizations I made. Even after making them I save quicken or back it up and it wont save
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @smehta52

Thanks for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

There is a known bug with custom portfolio names, if the  10-19 custom views are used, and saved with a new name, the names will revert to the original custom view name upon closing and reopening Quicken.

There is no ETA at this time, however, our team is aware and working on the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

QWIN-18677
    ~~~***~~~
  • ron-333
    ron-333 Member
    I have the same bug, but with a twist - I now have 28 custom portfolio views, including 18 of the 19 windows R30.9 gave us (thanks for those!) and 10 more new views since I updated on 1/31/2021. The names in the 10 new views and all their added columns disapper when I save the Quicken program. (BTW: I've updated my portfolio views twice now since R30.9 and each time it takes several hours to do this - please do not do any drastic rearranging or reordering of my original 18 views.) Thanks for any help!
  • ron-333
    ron-333 Member
    Is there a way I can use my earlier save and refuse the R30.9 backup? I used to be able to refuse backups, and this backup appears to do nothing but mess up my portoflios.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note the bug this thread is about has been fixed in that latest patch release (R31.12).
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/