Anyone having problems with USAA or Citi Downloads?

I use the Quicken Deluxe version for Windows and my USAA and Citi accounts have stopped updating. This has been going on for at least a couple of weeks now. Is anyone else experience problems downloading transactions from these financial institutions?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dwho10,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, when trying to update your accounts, are you receiving any error codes and/or messages that you could provide us with? If so, please be sure to also specify which financial institution is receiving which code/message.

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Same here R30.14. Sees the account (I tried resetting), says transactions download complete, but downloads nothing.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @gotagreatdog

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm not seeing any errors on my side when I try to connect to either so lets see if we're able to get transactions downloading again by deactivating and reactivating the accounts if you haven't done so already.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you've done this let us know if you were able to get any downloads going again. If not we'll see what we can attempt next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• BillF
    BillF Member ✭✭
    Running V30.14, Build 27.1.30.14.
    When trying to Activate One Step Update for my USAA (USAA Federal Savings Bank) Checking Account, I'm directed to a Quicken "Change PIN" dialog box which tells me that USAA requires me to change my USAA PIN the first time I connect. The USAA Customer Service person tells me she doesn't know why Quicken is requiring a new USAA PIN, and that I shouldn't have to go back to USAA and create a new PIN in order to connect with Quicken. My USAA Credit Card transactions connect and download fine. So today I'm confused and need some wise advice and counsel. Thanks, stay safe and be well ... and Merry Christmas.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hello @BillF

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

USAA requires Direct Connect to download transactions. To change the connection type to direct connect, please see the steps and information available here.

USAA requires a different login for Direct Connect than what is used on the bank's website. The login is the USAA member number and PIN for the account.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/eft_direct_download_options_main?akredirect=true

Entering an incorrect login can cause this false change pin dialogue that you are seeing.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • BillF
    BillF Member ✭✭
    Hello Tyka:

Thanks for your note.

So, if I correctly understand this process, if I use this procedure to set up a New Quicken File, and then add my USAA Checking Account to that new file, then I'll need to work with two Quicken Files: my current file and a new file with only one Account (USAA Checking). Is that right?
  • Bill Sauter
    Bill Sauter Member ✭✭
    I too am having trouble with downloads from USAA. I have 4 USAA accounts: Checking, Savings, Credit Card and Certificate of Deposit. They all downloaded fine until several weeks ago. The Checking account is Direct Connect and the others are Express Web Connect. I have followed the directions to try to deactivate each of the 4 accounts. In each case I get a Quicken Update Status window that says connecting... that just hangs. No further response after waiting for over an hour. I have to force a Quicken close using Task Manager. When I select "Update Now" on the three Express Web accounts it appears to run, provides no message in the One Step Update Summary screen, and doesn't download any transactions. Choosing Update Now for the Checking account causes a dialog box asking me to enter a password. Entering anything in the password box brings up a second dialog box titled Please Enter Your Passwords, to continue, enter the password for the following institutions and lists USAA Federal Savings Bank and my member number. Clicking OK just brings me back to the same One Step Update Settings box asking for my password - an endless loop.
    I am running Quicken Premium Version R30.19 on Windows 10
    Thanks for your help.
    Bill
  • lulu450
    lulu450 Member
    Is anyone still having unresolved issues with USAA? I started getting an error message on 1/26. The proscribed fix from Quicken makes no sense- I just got off the phone with USAA and the representative had no idea what was even meant by the Access Id and Access PIN that Quicken was suggesting as a first step.
  • MMD Quick
    MMD Quick Member
    In regards to USAA. Your access ID is your user ID when you log into USAA. Your PIN is your PIN they ask you for. You may possibly use it for your ATM card. The issue you are experiencing looks to be that USAA changed their servers in the background. So, that if you click on Edit on Account Details you will see the name is now zzz in front of the name of USAA. This means you need to will now need to go reset up your account like it is a new account. When I did this, I now have two checking accounts listed where I would prefer they have linked. The linking part of this wouldn't work for me for my checking account.
  • MMD Quick
    MMD Quick Member
    Try these instructions, they worked for me and I was able to link all accounts correctly. https://www.quicken.com/support/usaa-bank-direct-connect-customers-ol-220-or-http-405-error

For the first access id, use your regular password. On the next screen use your PIN. I had to do the security code twice but then it worked just fine to link accounts.
This discussion has been closed.