How do I ask a question/ How do I restore a backup?

This discussion was created from comments split from: When will the Tax Planner start showing tax year 2021?.

Comments

• dedlnr
    dedlnr Member
    How do I ask a question for the community forum? I've spent an hour and can find nothing about that. I am a new member and have a problem with the "restore backup file" option not recognizing the backup files on the external hard drive where the files are stored. Thanks for any help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dedlnr

I have gone ahead and split your question off to its own post, so you will not need to ask a new question for the time being.

To learn about posting to the Community, please see the information available here.

In regards to your backup issue, are you attempting to save a backup up or restore a backup?

Please also navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting with the drive letter, probably not "C:\\" what is the full path to and name of your Q data file?
    How is that external drive connected to your pc? Lan? or what?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dedlnr
    dedlnr Member
    Thanks to everyone who commented on my question about backup/restore. I have since determined that the backup files I wanted to restore were corrupted, and no matter what I tried, they weren't going to work. I wish I could determine how the corruptions began. All of my backups back to Nov. 2019 were corrupted and unusable.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    dedlnr said:. All of my backups back to Nov. 2019 were corrupted and unusable.
    Whne you performed the .....
    ... File --> Backup / Restore --> Restore from Backup File  ....
    what happened..... messages, actions etc -
    Which selection did you use ... 
    [x] Restore from Automatic backups  or
    [x] Restore from Your backups

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    It's POSSIBLE that the files are NOT corrupted .... but rather than the file path, or name, are prohibiting the backup file's use.
    If you answer my prior questions, we MIGHT be able to help you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.