Dividend transaction records are being saved as stock splits

Mutual funds - Investing - started today January 2, 2021 - last time I updated transactions (on or about December 10th it worked correctly)

When loading records from a QIF file that are marked as 'Dividend' as the transaction type they are saved in the file as stock splits.

When manually entering a 'dividend' after it has been saved it appears in the transaction log as a stock split. (even though the 'dividend' was selected and verified it is saved incorrectly

Will there be a correction to the bug?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When entering the dividends, make sure you select the Income or Reinvest action and not Div - Stock dividend.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • BobCarl
    BobCarl Member
    That is for manual entry - that does not address the automated import function that is broken. This is a bug
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    What version are you running - did it recently update since December ?
    .... Help ---> About Quicken
    And have you looked at your QIF file with Notepad - and can verify all is ok ?
    Can we get a snippet of the QIF file transaction in question ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BobCarl
    BobCarl Member
    Quicken Premier - year 2020 - R30.14 - build 27.1.30.14 - not sure of exact date but Yes it updated in December (most likely after the 10th that is the date of the last import QIF file that worked.
    Source was Fidelity Investment

These two transactions went in as Stock splits (there were a total of 10 Dividend records in the QIF file)

D12/22/2020
    NBuy
    YVANG TOT BD MKT INST(OQFC)
    I11.61000
    Q2.012
    U23.35
    T23.35
    MDividends
    ^
    D12/23/2020
    NBuy
    YFA TOTAL BOND Z(2733)
    I11.26000
    Q1.827
    U20.57
    T20.57
    MDividends
    ^
    Record from a prior QIF that proceed correctly
    D10/09/2020
    NBuy
    YFA TOTAL BOND Z(2733)
    I11.16000
    Q38.558
    U430.31
    T430.31
    MDividends
    ^
  • BobCarl
    BobCarl Member
    Sorry 'Processed' not 'proceed' correctly
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @BobCarl

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

If you have not done so already, I would also recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

This report will not receive a direct response but the information will be used to investigate and research this issue further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • BillTX
    BillTX Member
    I see exactly the same issue in my latest Quicken Windows subscription. Have this problem been resolved?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @BillTX

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question. To clarify, are you seeing this issue when downloading a transaction or manually entering a transaction?

Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running as well.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • BobCarl
    BobCarl Member
    version R32.12 build 27.1.32.12 - occurs when entering a transaction manually
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    @BobCarl

Earlier you were talking about importing from a QIF file.

When entering a dividend manually, do you click on Enter Transactions and pick Inc - Income as the transaction type? 

Using Div - stock dividend, which is for dividends paid in shares, will generate a split.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would try this in a new data file, I think there is some kind of corruption going on.  Validate & Repair might help.

Let me start by say that the QIF transactions aren't coded as dividends, they are coded as a buys.
    The lines starting with N is the "action".
    NBuy

The line starting with M, is for a memo.
    MDividends

In my data file your first QIF transaction gives this transaction in Quicken.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/