New Issue with Wells Fargo online bill (please see details)

I was overdue to receive my Well Bill in Bills and Income, Quicken 2020 Home and Business. Refresh biller did nothing to change that. So I decided to take the risk to unlink from the reminder, delete the Biller, readd the biller and relink. This created a message I have seen many times in the past, but not recently and cannot recall the fix:

I have had times that repeated tries have fixed this error message so tried "try again" many times, close and reopened and tried again, then gave up and decided to unlink, REMOVE the reminder, remove the Biller, close Quicken, reopen and readd the Biller (Wells) and create a new reminder. Same result.

Now I do not recall ever failing Biller Validations previously, but decided to try this and got the following message:

Have not seen this before.

I chose CANCEL.

Anyone know how to resolve this? I have a few days left before I have to enter the payment manually. I have sent a message to Quicken moderators that have helped solve these things in the past. Reaching out to see if anyone has a solution.

Thanks all.

~Bob

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    In the light of day, I am wondering if that last message is what Tech Support used to do to clear a corrupt bill from the Quicken server when I had problems in past years? If so, worth a try. However it seems to say its on a Wells Fargo server which is concerning. Will wait for (hopefully) a reply before trying later today. At this point wondering what there is to lose. I would "imagine" there is always a way to readd Wells as a new Biller.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Took the chance to click OK and remove the biller from the service. Then needed to delete two reminders to get rid of reminders and manual bills. Not sure why two then? Seems deleting created a manual bill as well as the older reminder.

Then tried to add Wells Fargo back as an online bill. Same thing exactly from the the needs attention message and try again to the notification when trying to validate online billers.

I deleted that Biller again. Created a new Manual Bill so I have a reminder and a manual bill, but cannot add Wells Fargo Credit Card as an online bill.

Ideas / help please?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Bob.,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your issue here in the Community.

Could you please create a test file to see whether or not you are able to add the Wells Fargo Online Biller in the test file?

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for replying Anja.

Created a brand new test file. In order to add an online biller, I first had to add my Wells accounts. I did:

Off to the site which wanted a two step verification. Expected. Did that and accounts added.

Went to add the online biller, it did add, but exactly the same results:

And that is not accurate. Bill has been up for two weeks.

Validated Online Billers:

So I believe this is either your server that needs to delete my Wells online biller or since I have not seen this exact message before the current issue, perhaps an issue at Wells itself? My guess is your server. Can you check?

Thanks~
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @Bob.,

I did try to check, however, Wells Fargo actually does not show up as added at all in your list of Online Billers. So, I am unable to check what is causing the issue on our end and it's possible that the issue may be caused on Wells Fargo's end of the server.

I suggest waiting at least 48 hours before trying again. Although, you may need to reach out to Quicken Support directly for further investigation and possible escalation if it is our servers blocking the connection.

-Quicken Anja

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi again Anja,

I had thoughts that perhaps when Wells failed I had removed it from my Test file and it might be better if there for you to check. It is NOT in my working Quicken file, but I was surprised to see it was still in the Test file and showing as "Needs Attention" as above.

So I validated and chose to remove from the server this time, After that, readded Wells Online Biller and the same "Needs Attention", validated, got the error but chose NOT to delete from the server. So it should be there. In the Test file if they show differently for you. In my working file, I have it as a manual bill until this is fixed. If needed, I can add it to the working file.

Thanks for the help.

• Quicken Anja
    Thank you, Bob.

I took a look at the Wells Fargo Online Biller in your test file which shows a Pending status with the error message "We're working on linking Wells Fargo. We'll let you know if we need anything else". 

Due to this error message and Pending status, unfortunately, I am unable to perform an internal refresh to resolve the issue this time. You can try waiting it out and see if it will resolve on its own, however, I do recommend contacting Quicken Support at this point as this error and status may likely require assistance from our Tier 2 team to have an escalation filed.

-Quicken Anja

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, thanks. I doubt this is going to work out by itself. Will update if I find more.  This is odd. Never saw an error message like the one posted above before.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Issue has been escalated.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    The "oddnesses" with Wells have stopped.But...

I was able to add it perfectly to my TEST file showing amount and date due for my current bill. I then tried to add to my working Quicken file and got the standard "not the odd version) of "awaiting next bill. I tried refreshing - no change. Then linked to my reminder and refreshed and got the proper bill amount, but the due date is 4 days later than the actual due date. I then tried refreshing, unlinking, relinking refreshing, etc and this is the best I can get - proper amount and wrong due date in Online Billers.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Escalated support acknowledged the problem and says it has been fixed as of today. I will not be able to confirm that until mid-February when my next bill arrives. Will post after that.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    It failed to update this month until a Refresh Biller, but then updated with proper amount and date. Hopefully it will remain fixed.

I think we can close this topic. Should Wells run into issues again I will start anew.
This discussion has been closed.