Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    no Update for me either during OSU this morning. I'm still at R30.19
     ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • Texas Ed
    Texas Ed Member ✭✭
    No update here this morning
  • brandongblack
    brandongblack Member ✭✭✭
    Updates usually aren't rolled out all at once to everyone - they roll out a small pilot group to make sure there arent any huge breaking issues and then roll it out to everyone else shortly after
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Our teams have created the R30.21 HF4 release to resolve the issues reported here as well as a few other tax planner improvements.

R30.21 is currently in staged release and has been paused.  If you would like to install this release without waiting for it to be made available for all users, the R30.21 Mondo Patch may be downloaded and installed from here.

Once installed, please reply here to let us know if you continue to experience issues with the Tax Planner.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I have applied the R30.21 update using the method recommended by Quicken Sarah.  Tax Planner now offers me data for 2020 and 2021.  The 2020 data with this update exactly matches the data it gave me on Dec 31.

I have made no attempt, so far, to verify that the 2021 tax tables or projections are correct.  That's a more lengthy task.
  • brandongblack
    brandongblack Member ✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Our teams have created the R30.21 HF4 release to resolve the issues reported here as well as a few other tax planner improvements.

R30.21 is currently in staged release and has been paused.  If you would like to install this release without waiting for it to be made available for all users, the R30.21 Mondo Patch may be downloaded and installed from here.

Once installed, please reply here to let us know if you continue to experience issues with the Tax Planner.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Just installed the patch. Looks like it all wokred for me. 2020 data is back as it was before and any adjustments i made for "2021" were correctly brought into the 2021 planner. Thanks for the help
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Installed mondo_27.1.30.19_27.1.30.21 and it looks like it's back to showing 2020 as it should according to my novice point of view. Have to wait and see what TurboTax and the IRS have to say in a couple months before I know how good the planner works.
     ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
  • brandongblack
    brandongblack Member ✭✭✭
    Philip107 said:
    Installed mondo_27.1.30.19_27.1.30.21 and it looks like it's back to showing 2020 as it should according to my novice point of view. Have to wait and see what TurboTax and the IRS have to say in a couple months before I know how good the planner works.
    I've double-checked my data for 2020 multiple times already this year and its accurate. Also this patch didnt alter my data that i already had in there..i confirmed that as well
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2021
    I can confirm the fix unbricked the Tax Planner and now shows data for 2020 & 2021 as it should.

Quicken should review their release planning schedule and make changes to prioritize the allocation of resources for annually updating tax schedules that are posted by the IRS every year in late October or the first week of November.  The updates should be in place by mid-December at the latest.

This was a screw up and should be acknowledged as such.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm the fix unbricked the Tax Planner and now shows data for 2020 & 2021 as it should.
    Since this is HOTFIX # 4 in the recent stream of R30.xx versions....
    If I download it - has it broken anything else.... requiring HotFix # 5 ???

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed one thing.  They still only display two years of data.  So whenever they update the tables you loose the oldest year (in this case 2019).  Might be a problem for some user in late 2020 if the tables are updated at that time.

They really should address this whole area.  There should be more than 2 years in that table, and just crossing over into the next year shouldn't cause you to loose last year's numbers.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • brandongblack
    brandongblack Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    I noticed one thing.  They still only display two years of data.  So whenever they update the tables you loose the oldest year (in this case 2019).  Might be a problem for some user in late 2020 if the tables are updated at that time.

They really should address this whole area.  There should be more than 2 years in that table, and just crossing over into the next year shouldn't cause you to loose last year's numbers.
    While that would be a nice feature I don't think quicken is meant to be the tax archive long term. I archive all my output files in a different location when I file my taxes so I can always to back
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    While that would be a nice feature I don't think quicken is meant to be the tax archive long term. I archive all my output files in a different location when I file my taxes so I can always to back
    Good point.  In reality I seldom look at the tax planner myself.   I use my tax program for all my tax predictions and of course for preparing my taxes.

I was bit a long time ago when I "believed" what the tax planner said and had to pay a penalty (with interest!).  You really have to know "what is and isn't showing you".  Some of the limitations don't even have to directly to with the tax planner itself.  It uses reminders for its predictions.  All well in good if you paycheck is predictable and continuous.  Something that a contractor or teacher might not be able to say is true.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • brandongblack
    brandongblack Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    Good point.  In reality I seldom look at the tax planner myself.   I use my tax program for all my tax predictions and of course for preparing my taxes.

I was bit a long time ago when I "believed" what the tax planner said and had to pay a penalty (with interest!).  You really have to know "what is and isn't showing you".  Some of the limitations don't even have to directly to with the tax planner itself.  It uses reminders for its predictions.  All well in good if you paycheck is predictable and continuous.  Something that a contractor or teacher might not be able to say is true.
    For sure - mine have always been fine but the input data has to be accurate. Bad data in = bad data out. I've gotten to a point where I know how it all ingests so mines fairly accurate..I even pre-estimate all my other income that's not reported right away. I do wish the paycheck series in quicken would allow you to customize certain paychecks for certain months. My wife's job doesn't provide pto so if we go on vacation it drops her income. Would be nice to "pre-set" that so the planner is accurate but it's ok. I just leave a buffer knowing throughout the year it'll start to balance out

Then by the time December rolls around I see how much I owe vs am owed and just do one last withholding change on my paycheck to get the refund to $0 by end of year
  • Frank Hartman
    Frank Hartman Member ✭✭✭
    I have installed mondo_27.1.30.19_27.1.30.21 and it looks like it's back to showing 2020, as it should.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2021
    Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah
    As you take the update R30.21 to resolve this latest issue, be aware that your 2020 scenarios (if you use them) will be wiped out - mine were.  Be sure to print to pdf your 2020 scenarios if you wish to preserve them. 

If 2020 projected value is preserved, why not the 2020 scenario 1,2,3 as well? 

Vote here for an old idea that illustrates this. 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7866035/tax-planner-preserve-prior-saved-scenarios-1-2-3-when-updating-tax-rates-for-new-year#latest

• Ron9741
    Ron9741 Member ✭✭
    2020 is working, but some values for 2021 are picking up 2020 data such as Interest and Dividends and some deductions.
  • brandongblack
    brandongblack Member ✭✭✭
    Ron9741 said:
    2020 is working, but some values for 2021 are picking up 2020 data such as Interest and Dividends and some deductions.
    I noticed that too but it appears to be normal - until you get your first dividend for 2021 its showing you last years data + inflation to project the income for 2021
  • Ron9741
    Ron9741 Member ✭✭
    > @brandongblack said:
    > I noticed that too but it appears to be normal - until you get your first dividend for 2021 its showing you last years data + inflation to project the income for 2021

Tried entering a dividend for 2021 and it still only picks up data from 2020 and not the 2021 entry. Not worried about 2021 taxes yet just something I noticed. Hopefully they'll fix it before real dividends start coming in.
  • mikek753
    mikek753 Member ✭✭
    I installed the patch and can confirm 2020 tax planner shows 2020 data.
    yes, I had to change year in TP from 2021 to 2020
    2019 is gone

thanks
  • brandongblack
    brandongblack Member ✭✭✭
    Ron9741 said:
    > @brandongblack said:
    > I noticed that too but it appears to be normal - until you get your first dividend for 2021 its showing you last years data + inflation to project the income for 2021

Tried entering a dividend for 2021 and it still only picks up data from 2020 and not the 2021 entry. Not worried about 2021 taxes yet just something I noticed. Hopefully they'll fix it before real dividends start coming in.
    Ok. I forgot what the exact formula is but I know I've seen this behavior before. Maybe they keep it like that for first x months of the year. Not sure when it switches. No big deal though as you said..can always put in a custom amount based on your own projection (which is what I did)
This discussion has been closed.