Connectivity Issues - Temporary Server Problem

Options
This is happening on every one-step update run. Usually for Capital One and/or Navy Federal Credit Union. Hitting the retry immediately solves it. What gives?

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Options

Hello@Marketing Guru

Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue. We do have a current alert for Navy Federal Bank which is being addressed, though Capital One appears to be clear. We are already seeing and expect to see more connection issues as the upcoming round of stimulus checks are issued.

Is there a specific error that is being provided along with the “Connectivity Issues - Temporary Server Problem” message?

When did this issue begin?

Thank you

Diana Springer

• Marketing Guru
    Marketing Guru Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It starts as a CC-506 error. Then you click on Fix It and that box says Connectivity Issues. It fixes every time when you click UPDATE but I have to re-input my password for Capital One. Super frustrating because the info is saved in my vault so I shouldn't have to.

Also it's Navy Federal Credit Union, not Bank.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Marketing Guru

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If you have not done so already I would start by following the usual steps at the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-cc-506

Please let us know the results.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Marketing Guru
    Options
    I have tried all the usual tricks including deactivating and reactivating. It just happened again with San Diego County Credit Union and Navy Federal Credit Union. It will say there's a connection problem (506) error. I click Fix It and it goes away. Sometimes when it happens to Capital One, I have to reenter my password too. Navy Fed has 2-factor auth turned on so I have to put in a code. But when I put in the code, Navy Fed always goes into 506 error and again I have to click Fix It.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Marketing Guru,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Since the error continues to resurface even after fixing it, if you haven't already, I suggest you create a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case)
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.