Release R31.6 Patch Causing Issues - "...Quicken components currently open..." [QFX]

Answers

• TangledWeb
    TangledWeb Member ✭✭
    Absolutely sure...I checked again...I am running Quicken Deluxe 27.1.30.21.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TangledWeb

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the community.  I also received the same error message when attempting to access the Lifetime Planner > Change Assumptions button and have reported it to the team.

In the meantime, performing a full uninstall and reinstall, using the QCleanUI process available here, should resolve the error for you, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • aukburgs
    aukburgs Member ✭✭
    > @ps56k said:
    > yeah... why are you manually downloading a file
    > vs using One Step Update and downloading directly into Quicken ?

My institution for my retirement plan won't permit it.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    aukburgs said:  My institution for my retirement plan won't permit it.
    what's the exact name of this financial institution -
    where you have to manually download ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TangledWeb
    TangledWeb Member ✭✭
    Hello,

I did a complete uninstall of R30.21, ran QCleanUI successfully, and re-installed Quicken - which during the installation process automatically updated itself to R31.6.

The error in Lifetime Planner when I click "Change Assumptions" is still there.  I get a Windows installer dialog that appears to be trying to reinstall or configure Quicken.
  • PJENNING
    PJENNING Member
    I tried to set up CapitalOne on Onestep update, but everytime I try it I get a message, "SORRY, WE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR. IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT."
  • kbb655
    kbb655 Member ✭✭
    Beginning today, when I try to download transactions in .qfx format, I get a Windows installer dialog that appears to be trying to reinstall or configure Quicken. I'm running Quicken 2020 R31.6. Build 27.1.31.6
  • DaveLish
    DaveLish Member ✭✭
    Having same issue. File.About within Quicken shows that Quicken version is 31.5 (thus, I suspect R31.6 did not finish updating as it should have).
  • andyross1
    andyross1 Member ✭✭
    Rather than use a Mondo patch, you should just be able to download the latest version from your account at https://www.quicken.com/my-account. Scroll down to the download links. You will need to re-login to your Quicken ID the first time it's run.

• MBHQ
    MBHQ Member
    The following error message is returned when trying to Download Wells Fargo Advisor updates ... There are Quicken components currently open, and can not be uninstalled. Please close Quicken, and try uninstalling again.
  • Jessiemeister
    Jessiemeister Member ✭✭
    I was able to solve the issues that I was having similar to everyone on this thread yesterday working with Quicken Support on a Chat. Ultimately I had to download the latest version of Quicken, completely uninstall my current Quicken application, delete the old installation file, the re-install the latest version. This solved the issues with downloading QFX files and lifetime planner editing. Hope that works for others.
  • Jessiemeister
    Jessiemeister Member ✭✭
    When I said delete old installation file I meant delete the old installation files by deleting the Quicken directory in Program Files x86 directory .
  • bill0518
    bill0518 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have done the clean function, and reinstalled. I tried teh workaround, but it does ot work either. I am at [phone removed - privacy] if you want to try something with me on the line. I have 2 computers with this problem.
  • GrandpaB
    GrandpaB Member ✭✭
    https://community.quicken.com/profile/Quicken SangeethaS You can contact me: I can tell you about the issue. Send me a private message and I'll give you my phone number.
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much @GrandpaB. I'm sending you an email. 
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Thank you @bill0518. I'm sending you an email. Thanks for willing to help us with this. 
  • djb
    djb Member ✭✭
    I have a similar problem with Quicken Premier 2020 R30.21 Build 27.1.30.21. Using File / File Import Web Connect (.QFX) File works but opening the file directly from the browser does not work... like I always did until just this week.
  • I'm having the same issues as described in the above threads.  Has anyone found a way to correct it yet?  Thanks.

• Dave1922
    Dave1922 Member
    Related problem? When I double left click a QDF file I get a similar error message. Dvve
  • kbb655
    kbb655 Member ✭✭
    Quicken SangeethaS... I can help
  • RFG
    RFG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I have 2020 R31.6; 27.1.31.6 I'm a novice but am happy to help if I can.
    [Removed-Privacy-forwarded contact info]
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Dave1922 said:
    Related problem? When I double left click a QDF file I get a similar error message. Dvve
    Yes it is the same problem.  The install fails, and the result is that the associations between all the Quicken files types (QDF, QDF-Backup, QFX) are wiped out.  The result is that instead of opening these files in Quicken, Windows is trying to open them with Internet Explorer.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RONWA
    RONWA Member
    I have had the same problem of not being able to download my activity with PNC since12/31/2020.
  • DesertChick
    DesertChick Member ✭✭
    I currently having the problem and would be willing to help your engineering team debug on a call. Let me know.
  • Rob A
    Rob A Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the issue where opening a .qfx directly from the browser will start a windows installer but I save the file and import directly in to Quicken successfully. I have not taken any action to troubleshoot and/or reinstall the application as of yet. Please contact me if I can assist engineering in gathering any further information.
  • CraigR
    CraigR Member ✭✭
    FYI, after reading the thread I was able to fix the issue where I was unable to use WebConncet (QDF) on my Wellsfargo accounts yesterday after the update.

I was getting that same errors as per this thread. I backed up (didn't need to restore it in my case), did a full Quicken uninstalled (I use Revo Uninstaller free ver that handles stuff leftover by uninstaller), downloaded latest install file from www.quicken.com/my-account, then reran the install.

I can once agian use the Wellsfargo sites WebConnect QDF option.
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Answer ✓
    Thank you everyone for volunteering to help us. For now we have spoken to a couple of users and we will get back if we need more information. We are on top of it. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience. 
  • Lightman5
    Lightman5 Member ✭✭
    I experienced the same problem last night (1/22/2021) when trying to download and apply transaction activity using WebConnect QDF from my Capital One Visa credit card account both right before and after I applied the Quicken update to R31.6. However, I did NOT have the problem when applying transaction activity from the Wells Fargo checking account.
  • WPwright
    WPwright Member
    I am have the same problem trying to download data from PNC Bank using Quicken R31.6. Trying to download qfx data from the PNC Bank website, opens the Windows installer. I insert the Quicken disc. It runs for a bit. Then I get Windows Install "Error 1721" I also tried using the File/Import/Web Connect .qfx method to get the data. It doesn't work either. I get a red flag next to the account name showing that the data is imported. But, the imported data doesn't appear in my register. Please let me know when this problem has been fixed. This is an important feature. I use it frequently. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.