Investing -> Performance page crashes whenever I open it

I have ~10 investment accounts (including 401k) from Chase, Fidelity and Schwab. Whenever I open Performance tab under Investing, it always crashes. I can reproduce 100% of times. I also tried changing transaction history to simple version, and it didn't help. Is there a way to fix this?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @zlx,

Can you provide some details about the versions of both windows and Quicken that you are running?  Also, when did this behavior first start?  Where is your Q datafile located (local hard drive, DropBox, OneDrive, USB drive, etc.?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• zlx
    zlx Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @zlx,
    >
    > Can you provide some details about the versions of both windows and Quicken that you are running?  Also, when did this behavior first start?  Where is your Q datafile located (local hard drive, DropBox, OneDrive, USB drive, etc.?
    >
    > Frankx

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Windows 10 Pro latest version (19042.746), and Quicken for Windows R30.21.

I actually just started using Quicken, and the tab never worked for me if I remember correctly. Datafile is located in local hard drive under My Documents.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the Starter, Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business version?

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• zlx
    zlx Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Do you have the Starter, Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business version?

Premier.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zlx,

I have  not seen any other reports of similar behavior.  I would suggest that you try validating your Quicken datafile.  Here's a link to instructions on that process - LINK

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Does it crash if you use a new, empty data file? That would indicate a problem with your installation.

Have you tried doing a clean uninstall and reinstalling Quicken?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • zlx
    zlx Member ✭✭
    I just tried installing / reintalling, and I also created a new Quicken file and added my Chase Investment, and crash still happened.

It could be Quicken does not support Chase Investment well yet. But either way it is still not working for me.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @zlx,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I recommend that you try and perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files). 

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.