Downloaded transactions are overwriting transactions manually entered via "Bills & Income"

Sometime in the past few days (probably after the latest release) transactions that I entered via "Bills & Income" were overwritten by downloaded transactions. For example, paychecks that were entered with splits across multiple categories disappeared, and the net pay downloaded from my bank is now in the register with the category "Wages & Salary:Gross Pay". The same holds true for bill payments.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @DCU4Life,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

I would just like to gain some clarification in order to better assist you further.

When downloading transactions, do you have it set up so these transactions are automatically added to your account register after completing the download, or is it set up for you to review and accept transactions below the register first before adding them in the register?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DCU4Life
    DCU4Life Member ✭✭
    Version: R31.8

Automatic entry is on, as it has been for years without any issues.

What appears to be happening is that the downloaded transactions are merging with the manually entered transactions from the "Bills & Income" tab, replacing the manually entered "Payee" data with the downloaded data, and blowing out any category splits.
  • richard13
    richard13 Member ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to jump in here and say I have this exact same problem when using cloud data.  Whenever this gets turned on and downloads to my local Quicken file it wipes out my payroll detail.  This is why I can't use cloud if I want to maintain my paycheck data (which I do).  This bug has been around for a while now.  Needs to be fixed.

Quicken Premier for Mac

• DCU4Life
    DCU4Life Member ✭✭
    @richard13 Thanks. Now that you mention it, after installing the latest update, I noticed it said it was syncing my data with the cloud, even though I have that feature turned off for this very reason. So that must have been it. The question is, why did the update force a sync to the cloud when I have that feature turned off?
  • richard13
    richard13 Member ✭✭✭
    @DCU4Life Did you happen to add any new accounts recently?  For me it seemed like interesting timing of a new update and adding a new credit card account.  On the next One Step Update it said it was syncing my data with the cloud even though I never turned that feature back on myself.  So yes, good question, why is this happening?  Hopefully Quicken will answer.  I'm really more interested in why cloud sync is clobbering my paycheck detail.  I wouldn't mind the cloud sync if it didn't do that.

Quicken Premier for Mac

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @richard13

Thank you for providing additional details, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

First, If you haven't already and open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem. There have been ongoing issues with splits details being removed upon syncing. 

Do you use the mobile or web app at all? If not, can you confirm if the option to sync to the mobile/ web is on? 

To confirm, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, there will be an on-off toggle.  

Can you also navigate to the One Step Update settings and confirm is sync to the cloud is selected there? 

If either of these options is enabled please disable them and see if this resolves the issue. If this does resolve the issue, it's possible that you may need to move forward without syncing to the cloud or mobile app until the issue has been corrected. 

I hope this helps to clarify. 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • DCU4Life
    DCU4Life Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    @Quicken_Tyka there are two issues here: the first that syncing to mobile and web causes all sorts of problems if you do anything more than the most basic functions (e.g. split transactions). For that very reason I have syncing disabled.

That leads to the second issue: Despite having syncing disabled, something in one of the recent update routines caused my data to sync, despite the fact that I have that feature disabled. That in turn caused all of my recently entered split transactions to be corrupted.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DCU4Life

Thank you for the response, although I apologize for the frustration. Please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

To be able to move forward, I would restore a backup saved prior to installing the update to ensure that the split transactions are intact and that the sync is now disabled. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~