Odd unpaid invoices

When I ask for Unpaid Invoices, I see a lot with a zero balance. When I check them most show payment received. Why are they showing up?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @broosth

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

It may also be helpful to provide a screenshot of the issue using the Windows Snipping Tool. To learn more about posting screenshots to the Community, please take a moment to review the information available here.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • broosth
    broosth Member
    Version R31.8, Build 27.1.31.8
    In this image you can see some very old invoices with a zero balance due.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    In your Customer Invoices account register, do these invoices, together with their related payment, credit, refund, etc. transactions all have a "c" in the Clr column?
    How do you record payment received for an invoice?
    Do you (A) use the New Customer Payment transaction from the Customer Invoices register
    or (B) do you transfer funds received from your checking account into the Customer Invoices register?
    In the latter case (B), Quicken may not correctly assign the outstanding invoice to the payment to mark it as paid.
This discussion has been closed.