Error in Online Balances

Options
Gary587
Gary587 Member ✭✭✭
Anyone else notice that the online balances reported on Quicken forvarious banks have gone out of whack since about November?

I see this with a variety of banks such as PNC, Ally, etc. which all worked fine before then. If I log on the the bank's website itself the online balance there is now different than what Quicken is showing as the online balance.

It makes reconciling to an online balance impossible.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Gary587

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Some other users have also had issues with their online balance appearing as aa number different than that of the register. One thing that has worked for some people is trying to deactivate/reactivate the accounts. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below. 

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you get a chance see if you're able to get one of you accounts lined up by trying this. If not we can see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Gary587
    Gary587 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That made it worse!!!!

After spending a half hour deactivating them and reactivating. I get a message saying can't connect to Quicken and don't contact PNC bank about it!

Clicking on the Not sign next the PNC accounts then attempts to find the accounts after log on but the only action now available is "don't add to Quicken"!

Then if you click on one step update, it says one or more accounts need to be added to Quicken. clicking on the box "fix now" does nothing.

So I'm in worse shap then we started.
  • Gary587
    Gary587 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok , Now PNC bank worked on a Update all, but no online balance is displayed at all on the bottom of the register. If you now try to reconcile to an online balance it says the online balance is $0.00
  • Gary587
    Gary587 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same thing has happened at Ally. No online balance is displayed at the bottom of the register anymore, just the question mark that used to follow it.
  • metzjedi14
    Options
    I have been having the same issues with PNC in not receiving all cleared transactions. If I manually clear it, it gets wiped out after I update again
  • Frank Werny
    Frank Werny Member ✭✭
    Options

The same thing is happening to me now.

How did you resolve the issue?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Frank Werny,

Since this is an older post that was originally created back in February, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required. 

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.