PlainsCapital Bank Transactions Not Dowloading

Panorama
Panorama Member ✭✭
I am having trouble downloading transactions from my PlainsCapital accounts. Initially, it was only downloading some of the transactions. Now, it downloads none. There is no error. It appears from the one-step update process that there are just not any transactions. But that's not the case. When I go to the account list and "reset account" it will download a few transactions but the problem is not resolved. Likewise, the "online balance" is not updated in Quicken.

I'm on a subscription and have recently updated with R31.12

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Panorama,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Setup Now).

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Panorama
    Panorama Member ✭✭
    Thank you for getting back to me so quick. Unfortunately, I don't think the problem is solved. When I followed the instructions, I was able to download most, but not all, of the cleared transactions. Plus, the "online balance" that is reported in my Quicken register for the account is not the same as the online balance in my account. The difference is the transactions that were not downloaded. What do you suggest as a next step?

PS: I deactivated and then reactivated all of the accounts with PCB, not just the one.
  • Panorama
    Panorama Member ✭✭
    One other note, when I click on "One Step Update" the box pops up listing my various financial institutions with a checkbox for the ones I want to update. PlainsCapital IS listed. However, after the update is done, the summary does not list PCB at all.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Panorama

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I would also like to try one more step. Please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.  Then choose "Sign in as a Different User" and then sign out and sign back in with your Quicken ID.

Once that has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Panorama
    Panorama Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @Panorama
    >
    > Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.
    >
    > I would also like to try one more step. Please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.  Then choose "Sign in as a Different User" and then sign out and sign back in with your Quicken ID.
    >
    > Once that has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Something happened that makes me cautiously optimistic. All but one of the cleared transactions downloaded in all of my accounts! Plus the PCB accounts appeared on the summary. I don't know why the single transaction did not download. It is a transaction that just cleared yesterday (direct deposit). So I'll update again tomorrow and see if it's captured. What's giving me pause is that the online balance accounts for the missing transaction. So it seems like it would have downloaded it. That said, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Your suggestion definitely did something.

Thank you again for your help. I'm glad I joined this forum.
  • Panorama
    Panorama Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @Panorama
    >
    > Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.
    >
    > I would also like to try one more step. Please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.  Then choose "Sign in as a Different User" and then sign out and sign back in with your Quicken ID.
    >
    > Once that has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Tyka,

It appears I'm back to square one. None of the accounts from PCB update at all. No transactions downloaded. What's the next step?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @Panorama

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Are you able to successfully update if you update through register?

1. Open the transaction register for the account that is not downloading.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

If you still do not receive any transactions using this method, I would next contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.