Loss of Data Files

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: R31.12 Sync problems corrupt data file.

Comments

• Paul Erickson
    Options
    I have the problem in reverse. I updated to 31.12 and all of the qdf files disappeared from my PC. I had synced to the cloud just a day or so before this happened. Is there any way to restore the data on my PC from the cloud data?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Paul Erickson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, the Quicken Cloud does not have the ability to restore data into a data file as it only transmits data from a data file to the Mobile and Web companion apps and does not serve as a cloud backup. Please, see this support article for more detailed information on this topic.

Instead, if you haven't already, I suggest you try and search your computer hard drive for backup files through your Windows File Explorer. To do so, open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive (or OS C:), then use the search field on the top-right and search " .QDF " (see below).

See if the search will find any data and/or backup files. 

Please, check back and let us know what you find! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.