CC-503 Error connecting to SunCoast Credit Union

A recent update 231.12 ver 27.1.31.12 broke ability to download transactions.
I disabled and attempted to renew online connection. My bank now requires 2FA. The prompt asks for Username which is account number plus PIN ? is this a password or a PIN? and then prompts with a 'CAPTCHA'-type robo generated 6-digit number plus letters which NEVER works. I am frustrated after spending 1 hour on chat with helpdesk. Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Chris Andrews,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

It sounds like it may trying to connect you through Direct Connect which is the connection method that will often ask for a PIN provided by the bank in order to use Direct Connect.

Could you please, navigate to Tools > Add Account, then search for the financial institution name. Once you find and select the correct financial institution, please click on Advanced Options on the right side of the screen (see below), and select Express Web Connect on the following screen.

From there, follow the prompts to sign in using your financial institution's online login credentials.

Please, check back and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• :s None of that worked. I tried without success. I know my password. I can authenticate with my bank. In Quicken, I provide my UN and PW, and then I am prompted for a 'qnu6kp' (CAPTHCA) which I type in, and it fails. I am taken back to the 'Ooops! Did you type in your password incorrectly?" asking to reauthenticate. This all occurred after an update Monday night 7 FEB 2021.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for giving those steps a try, though I apologize that the issue still continues to persist.

If you don't mind, I'd like to have you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file or an issue within the servers.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account and try adding the account you were unable to add in your original file.

Once that is done, see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• :# This fails! I implicitly followed your directions to create a new account. When the file opened it asked to create account. I provided Bank UN and PW. It failed to connect and presented the 'Oops! Did you mistype your password?'
  • Just to add, I am able to successfully login to my bank on their website. The frequent failed attempts to login using Quicken is locking my banking online account which forces a helpdesk call to unlock the account and then retry from quicken. Which fails. How can I escalate? I'm getting nowhere!
  • Quicken Anja
    @Chris Andrews Thanks for the update and for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided, though I apologize that the issue continues to persist.

At this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit. Our support agents will likely need to collect and review your log files in order to discover and investigate the root cause of the issue.

I apologize for being unable to resolve this for you from here in the Community.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

• ;) *******SUCCESS***** Quicken Help Desk identified the error! I had used a 17 character password the last time I updated on my banking website. Quicken will only support 16 characters in a password input field, so, it broke. We modified banking password and now all is working. Kudos! Carlos Martin 4 Thumbs up for EXCELLENT customer support.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Chris Andrews Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear all is well now. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.