One Step Update, Not downloading current transactions

One step update not downloading current transactions from Banks and Credit cards. No error displayed. Going to bank/cc website and download from there the transactions ARE downloaded and updated in Quicken. Brokerage accts seem to still be working. Transactions are NOT pending and have been in the acct for a few days and should have downloaded.
Trying individual acct download doesn't seem to work, either.
Using latest release: R33.12.27.1.31.12, Quicken deluxe.

Process changed over a week ago ... used to say: connecting, downloading, etc.. Now, it just says processing and stops very quickly....without downloading current transactions.

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @flagholder,

It sounds like you may be having problems with Express Web Connect type accounts and it may be that a new connection channel isn't working for you.  Have you tried determining and then possibly changing the connection channel?

In Quicken, you should hold down the F4 key while selecting Help > About Quicken.  If the channel is QCS - click on the "change channel" button.  Then retry dowloaading.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• flagholder
    flagholder Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @flagholder,
    >
    > It sounds like you may be having problems with Express Web Connect type accounts and it may be that a new connection channel isn't working for you.  Have you tried determining and then possibly changing the connection channel?
    >
    > In Quicken, you should hold down the F4 key while selecting Help > About Quicken.  If the channel is QCS - click on the "change channel" button.  Then retry dowloaading.
    >
    > Let me know how that goes.
    >
    > Frankx

WOW.....thanks....quick and very accurate response. Exactly what was happening. Channel was QCS....now FDS....and WORKS. THANKS......
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken started migrating users from FDS to QCS last summer.  Eventually all QWin users will be migrated from FDS to QCS and FDS will no longer be an option.  For those who have already been migrated, reverting to FDS will work for a while but at some point they will be migrated back to QCS, again (in my, case, reversion back to FDS lasted only 1-1/2 months) so reversion will be a temporary fix at best.
    The initial QCS migration connection issues can usually be resolved via one of the following steps:
    1)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now
    2)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account
    3)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set up Now
    • Follow the prompts. 
    • During the set up process Quicken will likely ask you what to do with the data that was downloaded.  Be sure to link it to your existing account(s).
    • This process might enter transactions into your register that are duplicates of transactions that are already there.  If this happens it will be a one time occurrence and the duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted.
    As far as which one is better or worse goes:  It seems that at this point it's pretty much up in the air.  Some are saying FDS works better for them and others say QCS works better for them.  Quicken says QCS should be faster and more secure but I think that is more the goal than a reality at this point.  From my experience, DC on QCS now runs first and seems to complete faster but EWC can sometimes be frustratingly slow, especially when trying to update more than 3-4 accounts.  One big advantage in my mind is that when there is a FI EWC issue QCS gives the Quicken team an opportunity to more quickly address it than they can with EWC issues via FDS.  There's an interesting thread at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7885070/what-is-the-correct-quicken-connection-channel-qcs-or-fds that you might find interesting.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @flagholder,

It sounds like you may be having problems with Express Web Connect type accounts and it may be that a new connection channel isn't working for you.  Have you tried determining and then possibly changing the connection channel?

In Quicken, you should hold down the F4 key while selecting Help > About Quicken.  If the channel is QCS - click on the "change channel" button.  Then retry dowloaading.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• flagholder
    flagholder Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @flagholder,
    >
    > It sounds like you may be having problems with Express Web Connect type accounts and it may be that a new connection channel isn't working for you.  Have you tried determining and then possibly changing the connection channel?
    >
    > In Quicken, you should hold down the F4 key while selecting Help > About Quicken.  If the channel is QCS - click on the "change channel" button.  Then retry dowloaading.
    >
    > Let me know how that goes.
    >
    > Frankx

WOW.....thanks....quick and very accurate response. Exactly what was happening. Channel was QCS....now FDS....and WORKS. THANKS......
  • obieephyhm
    obieephyhm Member ✭✭
    I tried this for basically the same problem (although, I'm on Win7x64; unfortunately, no joy.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:  In Quicken, you should hold down the F4 key while selecting Help > About Quicken.  If the channel is QCS - click on the "change channel" button.  Then retry dowloaading.
    So.... which protocol method is better to have.... QCS or FDS ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Quicken started migrating users from FDS to QCS last summer.  Eventually all QWin users will be migrated from FDS to QCS and FDS will no longer be an option.  For those who have already been migrated, reverting to FDS will work for a while but at some point they will be migrated back to QCS, again (in my, case, reversion back to FDS lasted only 1-1/2 months) so reversion will be a temporary fix at best.
    The initial QCS migration connection issues can usually be resolved via one of the following steps:
    1)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now
    2)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account
    3)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set up Now
    • Follow the prompts. 
    • During the set up process Quicken will likely ask you what to do with the data that was downloaded.  Be sure to link it to your existing account(s).
    • This process might enter transactions into your register that are duplicates of transactions that are already there.  If this happens it will be a one time occurrence and the duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted.
    As far as which one is better or worse goes:  It seems that at this point it's pretty much up in the air.  Some are saying FDS works better for them and others say QCS works better for them.  Quicken says QCS should be faster and more secure but I think that is more the goal than a reality at this point.  From my experience, DC on QCS now runs first and seems to complete faster but EWC can sometimes be frustratingly slow, especially when trying to update more than 3-4 accounts.  One big advantage in my mind is that when there is a FI EWC issue QCS gives the Quicken team an opportunity to more quickly address it than they can with EWC issues via FDS.  There's an interesting thread at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7885070/what-is-the-correct-quicken-connection-channel-qcs-or-fds that you might find interesting.

• dk60089
    dk60089 Member ✭✭
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Quicken started migrating users from FDS to QCS last summer.  Eventually all QWin users will be migrated from FDS to QCS and FDS will no longer be an option.  For those who have already been migrated, reverting to FDS will work for a while but at some point they will be migrated back to QCS, again (in my, case, reversion back to FDS lasted only 1-1/2 months) so reversion will be a temporary fix at best.
    > The initial QCS migration connection issues can usually be resolved via one of the following steps:1)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now
    > 2)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account
    > 3)  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set up Now. 
    > * Follow the prompts. 
    >
    > * During the set up process Quicken will likely ask you want to do with the data that was downloaded.  Be sure to link it to your existing account(s).
    > * This process might enter transactions into your register that are duplicates of transactions that are already there.  If this happens it will be a one time occurrence and the duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted.
    >
    > As far as which one is better or worse goes:  It seems that at this point it's pretty much up in the air.  Some are saying FDS works better for them and others say QCS works better for them.  Quicken says QCS should be faster and more secure but I think that is more the goal than a reality at this point.  From my experience, DC on QCS now runs first and seems to complete faster but EWC can sometimes be frustratingly slow, especially when trying to update more than 3-4 accounts.  One big advantage in my mind is that when there is a FI EWC issue QCS gives the Quicken team an opportunity to more quickly address it than they can with EWC issues via FDS.  There's an interesting thread at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7885070/what-is-the-correct-quicken-connection-channel-qcs-or-fds that you might find interesting.

I switched back to FDS and it went from over taking 30 minutes to 40 seconds. Quicken needs to highlight this as a known issue and how to fix it. Thanks for the info.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dk60089

Thank you for the response. To clarify, switching to FDS is just a troubleshooting step. We need to perform a few more steps to fully correct the issue.

I will need you to follow the steps to change the connection method back to QCS. To do so, Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken.

Once there you will need to deactivate all of the accounts in the file. This is necessary to correct the QCS download method, so you do not experience downloaded issues in the future.

To deactivate the account, please see the information available here. To reactivate the account, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

The goal of this is to migrate the accounts successfully to the QCS channel. Failure to do will cause these same issues once FDS has been phased out entirely.

Please let me know if you still do not receive any transactions when downloading this will require additional steps to correct.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    EWC is down again like last weekend.  No EWC accounts will update; they throw CC-501 Quicken server error.
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Same here. Not one account could update, all with CC-501 server error after 15 minutes trying. Very discouraging.

Quicken Subscription Deluxe Version R54.16 Build 27.1.54.16
    Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.2538

• Boatnmaniac
    Last night I was able to update all EWC and DC accounts in 4 different data files but EWC accounts (all are set up with QCS) took a long time to complete.
    Today the OSU process for all EWC accounts hangs for 20-40 minutes and then returns CC-501.  DC accounts updated properly.  The usual troubleshooting steps (Update Now, Reset Account, Deactivate/Reactivate) do not resolve the issue. 
    I know there was an Alert on this posted yesterday (NEW 2/19/21 One Step Update Delays Followed by CC-501 Error) but it sure would be nice to get an update on resolution status today.

• markus1957
    It took quite a while but I Reset my EWC accounts using the Online tab in Account Details. My 3 EWC FIs all download now.  I was afraid I might have to reset each account at an FI but only 1 account reset per FI was required to restore OSU function for all accounts at a FI.  It took about 3 to 5 minutes per FI to complete the reset.
  • Boatnmaniac
    It took quite a while but I Reset my EWC accounts using the Online tab in Account Details. My 3 EWC FIs all download now.  I was afraid I might have to reset each account at an FI but only 1 account reset per FI was required to restore OSU function for all accounts at a FI.  It took about 3 to 5 minutes per FI to complete the reset.
    When I saw your post I tried running OSU, again. 
    • In my 1st data file all 4 EWC accounts updated and downloaded transactions properly and fairly quickly.
    • In my 2nd data file, OSU returned CC-501 for all EWC accounts (6 of them). 
    • I tried resetting a US Bank account but only 1 of the 3 US Bank accounts reset and I had to link it to the account in Quicken because Quicken defaulted to "Add Account"....the other 2 accounts could not be linked and they did not update).   I then had to reset each of the other 2 accounts separately but they did then update properly.
    • I tried resetting the other 3 accounts (all different FIs) and was only successful with the Cap One CC.
    All this makes me believe this is an intermittent issue and that it is not fixed, yet.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dk60089

Thank you for the response. To clarify, switching to FDS is just a troubleshooting step. We need to perform a few more steps to fully correct the issue.

I will need you to follow the steps to change the connection method back to QCS. To do so, Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken.

Once there you will need to deactivate all of the accounts in the file. This is necessary to correct the QCS download method, so you do not experience downloaded issues in the future.

To deactivate the account, please see the information available here. To reactivate the account, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

The goal of this is to migrate the accounts successfully to the QCS channel. Failure to do will cause these same issues once FDS has been phased out entirely.

Please let me know if you still do not receive any transactions when downloading this will require additional steps to correct.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    @Quicken Tyka - unclear to me if you mean resetting only EWC accounts or all in your post above. And if EWC, is there an easy way to tell which are EWC?

Thanks.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Found my answer on how to tell: Open All Accounts and easy to see my two EWS accounts.

I am on QCS. Is it at all *possible* that this is the reason I have not been able to grab an Online Bill from Blueshield California for over a month?

• markus1957
    Tools>Account List has a column that shows connection method.  I would try using Reset in Account Details, Online tab before switching to FDS.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Found that Markus. And not having delay issues on QCS with the exception of a small delay after today's update to R31.20 H&B today.
This discussion has been closed.