I am trying to set up profiles for myself, my elderly mom and business. How do i do this?

I need to set up a profile for for business and personal. When I try to do this I am unable to.

Any assistance before calling Quicken help would be appreciated. I am a. MAC computer.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Paul27,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Also, could you please clarify what you mean by "separate profiles"? If you are wanting to keep business and personal accounts in separate data files, then please review this support article which provides instructions on how to create a new data file as well as how to alternate between different data files.

Additionally, being that you are a new user, I would like to inform you that you do have the option to schedule a one-on-one tour with our Quicken 1-2-3 team. 

By doing so, one of our Quicken 1-2-3 team members will contact you via phone at your scheduled appointment time. This team has been specifically trained and put together to assist new users in getting familiarized with the program and learn how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have.

If this is something that would interest you, then please, click here to select a time slot and schedule your tour! Alternatively, you can also call them directly at your own convenience. The phone number can be found through that same link.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Paul27,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Also, could you please clarify what you mean by "separate profiles"? If you are wanting to keep business and personal accounts in separate data files, then please review this support article which provides instructions on how to create a new data file as well as how to alternate between different data files.

Additionally, being that you are a new user, I would like to inform you that you do have the option to schedule a one-on-one tour with our Quicken 1-2-3 team. 

By doing so, one of our Quicken 1-2-3 team members will contact you via phone at your scheduled appointment time. This team has been specifically trained and put together to assist new users in getting familiarized with the program and learn how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have.

If this is something that would interest you, then please, click here to select a time slot and schedule your tour! Alternatively, you can also call them directly at your own convenience. The phone number can be found through that same link.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Paul27
    Paul27 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply Anja.

I have Quicken Version 6.1.1 on a MAC OS 10.15.7 

I will connect to the 1-2-3 team for assistance.

Thank you again
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Paul27  In short, go to File > New to create a new data file. Every data file is completely separate. Name one file Mom, one file Business and one file Personal -- or whatever would help you keep them straight. (Depending on the nature of your business and what you want to track in Quicken, it may be better to have it in a separate file or it may be better to have in one file with your personal finances.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Anja
    @Paul27 You're welcome! :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.