Is there a way to move Quicken 2011 to a new computer if the install CD is lost?

Copying the whole Quicken folder to a new computer doesn't seem to be enough.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Shack.

Yes there is.  You just need to download the application, using this LINK

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shack said:

Correct.  Windows programs have to be installed.  There are all sorts of things put in the Windows registry and it would take an expert computer whiz to find and copy all of them.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Shack
    Shack Member
    OK thank you both. So now I guess my concern is will the newest version of Quicken convert my Quicken 2011 Home and Business QDATA . QDF file? I like the new Web option and would be willing to upgrade to a subscription.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Shack said:
    That's just the data .... you still need to install the PROGRAM as mentioned above.
    [EDIT] - updated topic title to mention 2011 to better reflect the actual Q&A -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shack
    You do realize that the Web option ( and QMobile) are just interfaces to view/edit/enter transactions of accounts in Desktop Quicken that have been setup to sync to the Quicken Cloud Account.
    What you can do is very limited in those interfaces.
    They are not a full implementation of Desktop Quicken.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:
    Hi @Shack.

Yes there is.  You just need to download the application, using this LINK

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

@frankx, your link seems to be pointing to a download of current Q ... while the OP want's to install Q2011 on the new computer

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NotACPA,

I was the first poster to this thread.  There was no mention of "Q2011" in the original post.  As noted above Ps56k2 edited  "[EDIT] - updated topic title to mention 2011"

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Multiple ideas all mixed together -
    So now I guess my concern is will the newest version of Quicken convert my Quicken 2011 Home and Business QDATA . QDF file? I like the new Web option and would be willing to upgrade to a subscription.
    Guessing was running Q2011 Home & Business -
    and then wanted to move to different computer, but didn't have orig CD -
    Several issues.....
    - Quicken User ID -
    - Install Q2013 and just stay there
    - Install Q2020 and migrate the Q2011 QDF data file
    It helps to share ALL the background info to begin with...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:

- Install Q2013 and just stay there 

Note I was going to suggest this one, but I notice that @Shack is using Home & Business.  The free version of Quicken 2013 used when there are problems converting from early versions of Quicken is the Deluxe version.   This is fine for the conversion since all the "editions" like Deluxe, Premier, ... use the same data file format, it would mean the loss of the Home & Business features.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    Ps56k2 said: - Install Q2013 and just stay there
    Note I was going to suggest this one, but I notice that @Shack is using Home & Business.
    yeah... same here - hard to type suggestions with lots of ... but, but -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.