Why does my Bank of America credit card account show that it connects but doesn't download?

Wrigs
Wrigs Member ✭✭
I am unable to download Bank of America transactions even though it shows that it is connecting and shows the correct online balance.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    @Wrigs Thanks for the update and additional information, though I apologize that you are still experiencing trouble.

Next, If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the programs Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• what is the answer to this problem
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @Wrigs

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Are you able to successfully update if you update through register?
    1. Open the transaction register for the account that is not downloading.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    Do you receive any error messages when attempting to update this way?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Wrigs
    Wrigs Member ✭✭
    I had tried that without success. It showed one step update complete without downloading transactions. I ended up deactivating the account and then following the instructions to reestablish the account. Three times BOA sent a code to my phone before reestablishing the account. It then downloaded the transactions. However today it is doing what it did the other day--showing update complete without downloading transactions. It does show the correct online balance.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @Wrigs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and trying the steps previously provided by Quicken_Tyka, though I am sorry to hear that the issue still continues to persist.

Wrigs said:
    I ended up deactivating the account and then following the instructions to reestablish the account. 

To clarify; when you deactivated and reactivated the account, did you reactivate through Setup Now (found in the Online Services tab in Account Details) or through Add Account? If it was through Setup Now, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Setup Now), please?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Wrigs
    Wrigs Member ✭✭
    I deactivated my account. I was not able to reactivate through add account. I was only able to reset it by following the instructions that popped up and link to current account. It did download the transactions. I probably should have backed out all together to add account. I will see how this does. If it doesn't download in the future I will back out and try the add account route and link to current account. Thanks for your help so far.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Wrigs Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear it's working now. :)

-Quicken Anja

• Wrigs
    Wrigs Member ✭✭
    Well, just like last time, it only downloaded transactions once. I'll try to activate through add new account. Will I be able to link to my existing account?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Wrigs

Thanks for the update. Yes you'll be able to link your accounts again if you add like new. You should be able to after signing in and you'll be met with all your accounts. From there you'll have the option to link it to the existing accounts.

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Wrigs
    Wrigs Member ✭✭
    I tried this again by adding new account and then linking to current account. It downloads transactions once and then not again. The account is through Bank of America--Quicken and it will not allow me to use Direct Connect. I have been using Express Web Connect.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrigs said:
    The account is through Bank of America--Quicken and it will not allow me to use Direct Connect. I have been using Express Web Connect.
    Are you allowed to use Direct Connect? I.e., are you one of the lucky ones who used DC in the past and are grandfathered in to continue using it? If so, you need to use the financial institution name "Bank of America-All Other States" to run DC. If not, you're stuck with EWC.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Wrigs
    Wrigs Member ✭✭
    I am unable to connect using "Bank of America-All Other States." I did connect using "Bank of America Credit Card." Like before, I was able to download transactions one time when I linked to the account. After that it appears to update through "One Step Update" but does not download any transactions. It does show the correct online balance. It would seem that if I want to download transactions, I will need to deactivate the account and then reactivate it.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    @Wrigs Thanks for the update and additional information, though I apologize that you are still experiencing trouble.

Next, If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the programs Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Wrigs
    Wrigs Member ✭✭
    It worked! Will see what happens in the next few days.
  • Wrigs
    Wrigs Member ✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    @Wrigs You're welcome! And thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.