Can I import the Notes add to the Calendar from Quicken 2007 for Mac?

I'm a 27 year user of Quicken for Mac.  I'm still running Quicken 2007 because I have never been clear if I convert to a newer version if all of my decades worth of Notes added to the Calendar will also be imported?  I've seen on YouTube videos that there still is a "Add Note" button on Quicken for Windows.  So I am hoping that feature still exists for Quicken for Mac and will pull in all of my previous Calender notes.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately for your case, the simple answer is NO.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jtsmoore
    jtsmoore Member ✭✭
    Well, that's a bummer. Can you at least add notes to each day in the Calendar view like you can do in Quicken 2007?

Also, is there anyway to recommend a feature addition that would allow the importing (and exporting) of the Notes added to the Calendar from Quicken 2007. This is the whole reason I have not upgraded to the Quicken for Mac. I literally have over 25 years of notes I have added daily to the Calendar.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well, you had created an IDEA post back in May 2019 but because of a lack of votes (only 2 until this past Dec, 2020), it was archived due to a lack of interest.

(I think ideas should never be archived...simply marked as Not Planned...so that if more votes come along it can be re-opened if warranted).

You can always ask a moderator to revive it...here is the original link:
    (you will not be able to access it until it is restored).

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• jtsmoore
    jtsmoore Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the feedback. How would I ask a moderator to revive the Idea? Or, is there anyway for me to resubmit it? I cannot be the only user that used the "Add Note" function in Calendar and would like to pull in all of that information into the update program.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm sorry to say it's pretty unlikely that they will update the Quicken 2007 import part of the program. There are an ever-smaller number of Quicken 2007 users remaining, and the product manager has said it's problematic to tackle changes to the core program which creates the export file. Nothing is impossible; I'm just telling you it's unlikely and that you should look for other ways to capture the data that's meaningful to you.

I think the idea of adding notes to the calendar in the current Quicken Mac is a separate matter, and you should certainly advocate for it if if would help your workflow for Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jtsmoore
    jtsmoore Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the reply. How do I advocate for the addition of a "Add Note" function in Calendar view for Quicken for Mac?

Also, is it still possible to import data from Quicken 2007 into Quicken for Mac?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One way is to click on the Flag link on your original post, or if you prefer, on my reply with the link to the original idea you created, and choose Report... this goes directly to the modetors. Then ask to revive the link I supplied.

• jtsmoore
    jtsmoore Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.