Bank of America Auto Loan

Mont1228
Mont1228 Member
I have added a BOA auto loan but only the last 4 digits of the account number are recorded. This impacts monthly updates, because, I suspect, the account cannot be found. The account number cannot be edited as this field is disabled. I can delete and re-add the, but this eliminates any tracking from month to month. I think the solution would be to edit the account number but I am unable to do so. Any thoughts on how to edit the account number?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Mont1228

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Mont1228,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Unfortunately, there is no option available to edit account numbers for downloaded accounts as this information is sent directly from the bank's servers to Quicken. In which case, this would require the bank to make the necessary changes in order for Quicken to receive the correct information.

However, if you don't mind, I'd like to have you create a new (test) file to see if you experience this same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to verify whether or not the information is being sent this way by the bank or if it's an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to add the account that is experiencing this issue in your original file.

After adding the account, see if you experience the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mont1228
    Mont1228 Member
    Quicken Deluxe
    R31.20

Thanks Anja. I will test it with a test file and let you know.
  • Mont1228
    Mont1228 Member
    Same issue in new test file. The update runs error free, but does not post the current loan balance after a new monthly payment.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Mont1228

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.