Does Quicken for Windows not download Fidelity interest from Investment accounts?

JRod
JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
I've noticed that Quicken for Windows only seems to download stock transactions for investment accounts, but not other transactions like interest earnings and dividend transactions. This does not happen with other financial institutions that I use with Quicken.
Anyone else having similar issue? Started noticing it when reconciling statement and seeing that not all the activities are being downloaded, and thus having to enter it manually.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    JRod said:
    Thanks for the responses. Since the missing transactions seems to be towards end of the month, I am suspecting I am not getting it during the download process. I'll have to search for where I can find the OFX log file to check what Fidelity is sending. One of the accounts is a health spending account which only gets a very small interest earned posted towards the end of the month which lead me to notice the issue of interest transactions not downloading.
    Select Help > Log Files and OFX Log

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JRod

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a resposne.

The best step to take to isolate the cause of this issue further would be to create a test file. 

To create a test file, please go to File > New Quicken File... You will then add the Fidelity account and see if the transactions are missing in this test file also.

If the transactions are also missing it is possible that this information is not being sent by Fidelity to Quicken and this issue will need to be escalated with Fidelity.

This does not necessarily confirm if this is a global issue for all Fidelity customers. Hopefully, others will stop by this post and share their experiences.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I download ALL Fidelity activity, including those actions referenced above, without difficulty into my QW Home & Business, Build 27.1.31.20. Which leads me to suspect that something is amiss with your data file. Have you looked at the OFX Log file to see; what Fidelity is sending?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. Since the missing transactions seems to be towards end of the month, I am suspecting I am not getting it during the download process. I'll have to search for where I can find the OFX log file to check what Fidelity is sending. One of the accounts is a health spending account which only gets a very small interest earned posted towards the end of the month which lead me to notice the issue of interest transactions not downloading.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    JRod said:
    Select Help > Log Files and OFX Log
This discussion has been closed.