Unable to set-up mortgage account - stuck in loop

I set up a mortgage loan. Everything is OK with Loan Details but when I go to the next step (Your Loan Reminder) and complete the Loan Payment Reminder info, "done" just takes me back to the Your Loan Reminder page and "next" sends me to the reminder page again. Aka infinite loop.

I have reinstalled Quicken to no avail.

Any ideas. Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Scott76

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here how you uninstalled. Did you do a normal uninstall? If so one thing we can attempt to see is that if we're able to potentially fix it with a qcleanui. It's a deeper clean uninstall that might give us a different result. I'll leave instructions down below on how to do so. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

If you have done this let us know. Depending how it goes we'll see what we can try next if it doesn't work or has been tried.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Scott767
    Scott767 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Did the QCleanui. Same loop problem. I also have the "You have on-line payments to send. Do you want to send them before exiting" when trying to close so maybe something is further corrupted.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Scott767

Thanks for letting us know. I'm wondering here if we might be able to see if we're able to potentially fix both issues with a previous backup. I would recommend trying to load a couple of different backups to see what we're able to do. I would also would not overwrite your current datafile and create a copy instead.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you've had a chance to see if we're able to fix either issue. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Scott767
    Scott767 Member ✭✭
    I tried restoring back-up as far back as Feb 01st (my oldest b/u) and the same problem exists.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Scott767

Thanks for letting me know.  in this case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support  via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at. This will let us troubleshooting with to figure what what exactly is causing the issue. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The working theory is the adding of the reminder is failing and Quicken isn't handling the error properly.  You should confirm the issue doesn't reproduce in a test file, then attempt the Copy and Validate instructions as described in https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows which may be able to detect and correct the reminder issue.  The results reported have been mixed.  (Your post is the tenth discussion on this topic since December 2019 that I am aware of.)
  • Scott767
    Scott767 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I followed that thread previously trying to fix the online payment issues. NO help.
  • Scott767
    Scott767 Member ✭✭
    The links for support at least on my end are not working. What is the phone or e-mail for support? Where can I find a chat link?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Scott767

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you have been unable to reach support.

Pop-ups will need to be enabled to allow you to connect to chat. For steps on enabling pop-ups please see the information available here.

If you are still unable to reach support, please see the information available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • golfer3563
    golfer3563 Member
    Experiencing the same loop issue when attempting to add a mortgage account. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Experiencing the same loop issue when attempting to add a mortgage account. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
    On April 5th, Quicken Support followed-up with:
    Hello all,

This issue has been investigated and has been deemed to be a file issue. In the test files reviewed, this issue was resolved by performing the copy and validation procedure.

This is not being reported as an official bug at this time. Thank you!
  • golfer3563
    golfer3563 Member
    Validate and Repair successfully solved my problem. There was a corrupted reminder in my file and that issue was resolved.

Thank you!
  • heycasey
    heycasey Member ✭✭
    I had this same problem as everyone else and was able to resolve it without having to "Validate and Repair" my data file. First, I made a backup of my current data file. Next, on this page (https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows), I followed Steps 1-3 under the "Copy and Validate Instructions" section.

After opening the copy, I tried adding the mortgage and was able to do so. I then deleted my original data file, renamed the copied data file to the name of the original data file and was back in business. Renaming is optional...you could continue to use the copied data file as-is.