Why is my USAA Visa account register not displaying all transactions?

My USAA Visa account register does not display future unreconciled transactions even when "all transactions" is selected. I can display these transactions when choosing "unreconciled" or "uncleared" but not when choosing "all transactions." I believe this happened after a recent update.

Answers

• Richard181
    Richard181 Member ✭✭
    Adding to above for clarification. I have the other filters set to "All dates" and "Any type." Still not seeing all transactions.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions:
    Is your register sorted by Date in ascending order?
    Is the 3rd filter set to "All transactions"?
  • Richard181
    Richard181 Member ✭✭
    The filter is set to all dates and all transactions. I can never keep straight which is ascending and which descending. The older transactions are at the top and the newer transactions as one scrolls down. The missing transactions are not at either end of the register. Curiously, this malfunction does not seem to be affecting other accounts I track in Quicken, just USAA Visa. It does show uncleared transactions which are past, but does not show future uncleared transactions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is the First filter set to?
    If you have it set to something like: Last 90 days then it wouldn't show future transactions.  Try hitting the Reset button.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I can never keep straight which is ascending and which descending. The older transactions are at the top and the newer transactions as one scrolls down. ...

That's what's meant by "ascending".

As a visual aid, a small black triangle in the column header indicates which column the register is sorted by. If the triangle points up = ascending, if the triangle points down = descending, oldest transaction at the bottom.
    And just to clarify, you are asking about future-dated register transactions which you have already recorded. You are not asking about future-dated Scheduled Reminders which you want to see in the register as if they were real register transactions already. Is that correct?
  • Richard181
    Richard181 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. These are upcoming transactions I've entered in the register, not reminders. It's working fine in other accounts. It's very odd.
  • Richard181
    Richard181 Member ✭✭
    I have it set to all dates, all transactions, any type and have hit the reset. It doesn't show the future transactions.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard181

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

As a test, can you please enter a new transaction with a future date? When this transaction is saved does it disappear or remain in the register?

If it disappears there is most likely some sort of filter still in place. If it remains is possible that something happened to this account that these future transactions were removed or deleted in some way?

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Richard181
    Richard181 Member ✭✭
    When I enter a future transaction it disappears. I can see the transaction (along with all my other future transactions) when I choose the "unreconciled" transactions filter. When I choose "all transactions" it again disappears along with the other future transactions. Again, my filters are "all dates," "any type," and "all transactions."
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hello @Richard181

Please provide a screenshot of the filter using the Windows Snipping Tool. To learn more about posting screenshots to the Community, please take a moment to review the information available here.

Once you have a snip of the filters, you can drag the image to the comment box to share it with the Community.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you ever respond to my question "Is your register sorted by Date in ascending order?"
    Which register column has the visual aid triangle, as shown in my image in a prior comment?

• Richard181
    Richard181 Member ✭✭
    I have been answering the questions by posting new comments in the thread. Apparently there is a way to respond to individual comments which I couldn't see on the main web page. It seems easier to do when clicking on an email notification about a comment. I may have figured out a possibility. I discovered that another sort option in register settings was set by attachment. That may have been the issue. When I'm back in front of my computer I will check it out.
  • Richard181
    Richard181 Member ✭✭
    I figured it out. In the sort options, I had somehow or other chosen sort by attachments. When I reset it to sort by "date/order entered" all transactions displayed correctly. Sorry for the wild goose chase. Thanks to folks who tried to help me figure it out.