unable to update transactions from various financial institutions. Started 3/11/21

I can see a comment by Kathryn that some financial institutions are not allowing updates or adding accounts.  My message says that "Quicken" is not able to update, try back in 10 minutes or try again later.   So where is the problem, with Quicken or with the institutions.
For me, no Wells Fargo, No Chase and No charles Schwab updates and all return exactly the same Quicken can't message.
Also, how do you comment on Kathryn's post about this topic?

Comments

• I am having this same problem with Chase since 3/11/2021. What is causing this and when will it be fixed?
  • Sof
    Sof Member ✭✭
    i'm having the same problem with chase. it says website is unavailable
  • Bradqknhome
    Bradqknhome Member ✭✭
    I get the same message every time from every account.
    "Quickens' online services are unavailable at this time. Please wait 10 minutes and try again.
  • msweat
    msweat Member ✭✭
    I am getting the same message for the past 2 days. How do we get this fixed?
  • Tom Sollas
    Tom Sollas Member ✭✭
    Just finished support chat, apparently this is still an issue with no resolution ETA.
  • Jrankin1 (E-mail)
    Jrankin1 (E-mail) Member
    edited March 2021
    [Removed-Off Topic]
  • Having issues connecting. Getting CC 508 error. Spoke to tech support yesterday and no ETA know for fix.
  • Davis1230
    Davis1230 Member
    I have not been able to update one account since December!! I have spoken to every representative and/or technician at Bank of America and they see no reason I cannot update. Why is there no ETA for fixing this?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Why is there no ETA for fixing this? "
    Because Q is only relaying the message about the problem.  It's actually caused by the various Financial Institutions throttling back their online access to aggregators, such as Q.

Q can't fix this, which is why there's no ETA.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Bradqknhome
    Bradqknhome Member ✭✭
    Thanks NotACPA, I wonder why the message is that "quickens online services are not available" would be displayed vs. a message that the many financial institutions are not allowing the aggregators in?
    I cannot update, Citibank, Schwab, wells, Chase, American National (local/regional bank). It sounds more like a Quicken issue to me.
    Any further thoughts on why this ISN'T a Quicken issue?
  • Bradqknhome
    Bradqknhome Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Are we able to talk to anyone at Quicken that has any authority or in a position of responsibility? I haven't used their support in years [Removed - Inaccurate]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Bradqknhome,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

I get the same message every time from every account.
    "Quickens' online services are unavailable at this time. Please wait 10 minutes and try again.

Based on the error message you are receiving, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bradqknhome
    Bradqknhome Member ✭✭
    Anja, I am using quicken vs. 2019. Will that make any difference to your suggestion?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Anja, I am using quicken vs. 2019. Will that make any difference to your suggestion?
    Before performing any troubleshooting instructions, we always recommend that you check and make sure you are running the latest version of the program first. To be sure, you can check by navigating to Help > Check for updates.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.