Wells Fargo Unable to activate Express Web Connect

Started getting CC-506 last week on my Wells Fargo accounts, followed various instructions including deactivating all online profiles for any wells fargo account. Now I am unable to setup express web connect for either my checking or credit card account.

I get as far as it prompting me for my 2FA method and then code, but then fails with: "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" and "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Wells Fargo Bank". No error code to speak of.

My options are "Try again now", "visit financial institution and download myself" (yuck) and "enter manually" (double yuck).

This has been going on since last Thursday (the 18th).

Note, appears I can no longer use wellsfargononqfx.scr as it's no longer a choice I can search for).

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Tom Sollas,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, to clarify; when you tried reactivating your account(s), did you do so through Set Up Now or through Add Account?

If you haven't already, could you please try reactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue through Add Account (not through Set Up Now), please?

To reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tom Sollas
    Tom Sollas Member ✭✭
    Quicken Versin: R32.10 (27.1.32.10).

The error I received was from going through Add Account.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Tom Sollas Thank you for clarifying!

In that case, if you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to try adding the account(s) you were unable to reactivate in your original file.

After adding account(s), see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Tom Sollas
    Tom Sollas Member ✭✭
    Thanks, gave that a try. I got the same error trying to add the account with the new "test file".
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying that and following up again.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to discover and investigate the root cause of this issue, and will likely be required to file an escalation in order to have it successfully resolved.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tom Sollas

Thank you for reporting this error, may I ask, are you still receiving a CC-506 error from Wells Fargo Bank?

If so, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem option.

In the window that opens, please enter "Attn: Sarah WF 506" in the subject line, mark the boxes for each file listed and when ready click "Send to Quicken".  Once sent, please just reply here to confirm the report has been sent.

We are attempting to escalate this error with our service providers and are hoping you are willing to assist by providing your log files which detail the communications between Quicken and Wells Fargo and the details of the internal errors.

Thank you in advance,

Sarah
  • Tom Sollas
    Tom Sollas Member ✭✭
    I'm no longer getting a CC-506 as I've deactivated the online setup for both accounts, but i do get "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" when I try and add the accounts, if I have 2 factor enabled with the bank. If I turn off 2FA, I then get a CC-508.

Also, today, I started getting captcha prompts as well. If I have to do that in the future every time I download I'm gonna go nuts.

In any case, I submitted the Report a Problem with that subject line.
  • MD3861
    MD3861 Member
    Having same problems
This discussion has been closed.